Home
Posted By: highball Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/11/22
Looking for a Darrin Dawkins Long box to buy if anyone has one, they want to sell. Would most like to find a poplar box/cedar lid. Thanks,
Posted By: pullit Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/11/22
might check EBay
Posted By: highball Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/11/22
I have a saved search on it on the ebay site.2 years and none has showed up yet. A couple of his pot calls have come up for sell.
Posted By: pullit Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
night go to Gobble Nation and see if they can help
Posted By: highball Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
I been watching that site,no luck so far.Can order one from him,just have to wait 2 years for it.
Posted By: LFC Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
You can go to Unicoi Georgia and buy one from him....I believe its later this week.

No list at Unicoi.
Posted By: highball Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
Wish I could go,I have to work.
Posted By: LFC Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
Never understood the thought process behind "come to a show and buy a call right now" or get on my so called list and wait a year or so.....

List seems kinda man made to me.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/12/22
It's a disappointment when you get a decent call from a local maker and after a few years you want another can't find them anywhere. I have a Perfection Screamin' Demon glass pot call, with the laminated pot and green demon logo, made in Stephensen, Virginia. It's one of my favorites. Went to buy another and they went out of business. I think there was just no one to take over the business and it closed shop. Sad. Its still a prized call.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Darrin Dawkins Longbox - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by highball
I been watching that site,no luck so far.Can order one from him,just have to wait 2 years for it.

The list ain't getting any shorter. Get on it NOW if you are dead set on this call. If you can make it to UNICOI next year, then you've cut your wait time in half. If not.......you're half way there. If you get one at UNICOI, you can step off the list OR end up with a pair of his calls in a year or so. Darrin is one of the very best. Worth the wait, IMO. As an aside........ There's other guys that have lists way longer than that.

Another option is to get on his list and pick up a paddle caller from a maker without a wait. There are some seriously good custom longboxes to be had with little or no wait AND at a really good price.
© 24hourcampfire