Home
Posted By: Jim585 Camouflage my shotgun - 01/11/22
I have an over/under shotgun with screw in chokes that I use for skeet, etc.
If I want to use it for Turkey hunting, what are some good options to camouflage it?
Thank you.
Posted By: pullit Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/11/22
Camo tape
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/12/22
That covers it quite well!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/12/22
Keep it pointed at the bird and camo isn’t needed. I’ve killed a couple with nice shiny Belgian A5s.
Posted By: pullit Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Keep it pointed at the bird and camo isn’t needed. I’ve killed a couple with nice shiny Belgian A5s.

Buddies dad was hunting with a Browning Gold gloss wood and shiny blue. we could see him from a half mile away as we were coming to pick him after the hunt. Even though he stuck out like a diamond in a goats butt. He had a Gobbler dead on the ground
Posted By: humdinger Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/12/22
Some of the camo wraps hold muisture well so I amy saran wrap my nice OU and camo wrap on top for rainy days.

I've bought Vet Wrap to see if the cloth is less moisture holding than the stuff I got on Amazon
Posted By: roverboy Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/12/22
I don't like to camo wrap, tape or anything for a nice gun. If they get wet, or just damp, it will make you cry. Just use it as it is.
Posted By: 84Mtn_EER Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/13/22
I've put 2 of these on my shotguns. They don't hold moisture and there is no residue leftover if you decide to remove it later down the road. They are quality vinyl that adhere perfectly to your gun as long as you take your time during the application process. Preparation is done by disassembly and degreasing the parts with non chlorinated carb cleaner. Get yourself a a heat gun, a good sharp little xacto knife, and a credit card or driver's liscence to push material into small places.

https://www.gunskins.com/products/shotgun-skin

PM me if you decide to go this route and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
Posted By: crshelton Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/13/22
Buy one that is already hard to see and does not reflect light. 22 hornet over 12 ga.with turkey scope reticle.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/13/22
Just get some brown, black or camo elastic bandage. You can wrap your barrel tightly and it sticks to itself. It's cheap enough to take off after your hunt and throw away of you want to.

https://www.amazon.com/FRESINIDER-A...wn+elastic+banage%2Caps%2C60&sr=8-14
Posted By: humdinger Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Just get some brown, black or camo elastic bandage. You can wrap your barrel tightly and it sticks to itself. It's cheap enough to take off after your hunt and throw away of you want to.

https://www.amazon.com/FRESINIDER-A...wn+elastic+banage%2Caps%2C60&sr=8-14

Thats what I use.
It absorbs water so if you should remove it after a wet hunt.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/15/22
I have never needed to camo a shotgun for turkeys. Scouting, figure out where they will be coming from and move slowly and you can do it with whatever shotgun you have.
I do put black electricians tape on the shiny aluminum sides of my 391 though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/20/22
Shotguns are brown and black to the eye..... Things in the woods are naturally brown, black, grey, etc. Turkeys pick up on motion more than color. Dont over think camo.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/20/22
There's also things that shine in the woods. If you've ever hunted where Holly Trees grow you know what I mean.
Posted By: StudDuck Re: Camouflage my shotgun - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by crshelton
Buy one that is already hard to see and does not reflect light. 22 hornet over 12 ga.with turkey scope reticle.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Savage 24F?
© 24hourcampfire