Home
Posted By: LFC Don't try this if you.... - 03/22/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shoot fAiry dust sized shot and value your teeth...

(I injected the turkey with Buffalo Trace Whiskey about all it's good for).
Posted By: LFC Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/22/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last of my 2020 turkeys.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/22/22
Nice, you made enough for both of us. I'm on my way.
Posted By: LFC Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/22/22
I'd love to share but those are for the land owners that let me hunt.....
Posted By: pullit Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/22/22
they look good
I've only shot 2 toms with the magical fairy dust... so far. Neither had any shot in the breast meat, just well ventilated heads and necks. And no sign of any pellets having gone through the breast. No pulled feathers, no bloodshot meat, nothing. But you're right, wouldn't want to chop down on any piece of shot regardless of what it is.

LFC, those look good enough to eat!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/23/22
Yummm!
Posted By: gaswamp Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/23/22
looks great
Posted By: LFC Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/23/22
I put a little salt on the cleaned turkey breast and cooled it in the fridge over night...then greased it up with mustard and seasoned it with Slap yo Momma seasoning and added a few cracked peppercorns then injected it with Buffalo Trace whiskey.

I use Jack Danials wood pellets and I preheated the pellet smoker to 350 about an 1 &1/2 hrs into the cook I turned the meat and increased the temp to 400 and it finished to 165 internal temp in about another hour.

This fast smoking keeps the temperature from hanging and hanging and hanging all the while drying the meat out.

Last year I cooked it this way and when I vacuum sealed you would believe the juices it pulled from the meat...this time at a friends suggestion I let it cool a bit then put in it the freezer for about an hour then cut each piece in half and vacuum sealed it. This kept the vacuum sealer from pulling the juices out.
Looks good!
Good idea putting them in the freezer for a bit so the vacuum packer doesn't pull the juices out. I've rolled up paper towels to make a dam to try and accomplish the same thing.
Posted By: hanco Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/23/22
Get out of the way, I’m hungry
Posted By: LFC Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/24/22
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Good idea putting them in the freezer for a bit so the vacuum packer doesn't pull the juices out. I've rolled up paper towels to make a dam to try and accomplish the same thing.

My goal was to keep the juice in the meat.....(a tip from one of my Yankee brothers).
It's a good idea...
Posted By: Kmox Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/27/22
Lookin’ good!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Don't try this if you.... - 03/28/22
Hunt ‘‘em with a bow, and there’s no shot to worry about.
© 24hourcampfire