Home
Posted By: 10Glocks A pure miss - 04/23/22
I got into the woods about 40 minutes before legal shooting time. This time I went back to my bottomland instead of the pine thicket. Didn't hear any gobbling until about 6AM. There was one in front of me and behind me, but they were so far away they sounded like they were in the next state. Never heard a hen. The only bird noises other than a half hour of distant gobbling were the little tweety birds flitting about. I was very subtley calling in the morning. With 15 or 20 minutes between runs.

I wasn't hunting over any decoys this time. I gave it until about 8:50 AM and I finally heard a gobble 200 or so yards to my right. I decided to simply cut loose with the calling. I let loose with very loud yelps with my diaphram and pulled out both slates and started yelping on those at the same time I was calling on my diaphram. Then I got a thunderous gobble 100 yards or so away across the swamp to my left. A minute or two later, I heard the bird fly across the swamp to my side. I turned on my GoPro. I finally saw the Tom. A big one with a swinging beard on the other side of the bottom up the hill going from let to right. I got my gun pointed over that way. Then he started running in my direction and started putting. Then he took to the air and landed in a tree about 50 feet to my right. Simultaneous to that, a deer charged in from the direction the tom came from, and I am convinced that's why he started putting and took to the air.

The tom laned on the far side of the tree. I swung my gun around. That's when he saw me. He stretched his head out from behind the trunk that was concealing the base of his neck. I drew a bead on his head and fired. He reared back that leapt out of the tree and flapped down and I heard him running when he landed with that damned deer following him.

I have no idea why the deer was charging through the woods. I was the only hunter in the area. But I am convinced the bird would have come in on the ground had it not been for that deer. And I just plain flubbed the shot. I am pretty convinced I shot over his head. His head was all I could aim at. He was so close. I think if I had a modified or a regular full choke I might have got him.

I searched the swamp banks for over an hour to see if he might have been hit and crumpled up somewhere but never found him.

Well, he beat me. But he's still alive - for now, and I'll be back.

I captured the episode on video. Enjoy my failure. (It was still a better day for me than being at work. smile )

Posted By: Rickshaw Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
My Pa always says, “There’s a lot of room around’em”
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
One thing the GoPro does is distort distance. That was a really close bird. I'll set it to film in 4K and 60 frames per second next trip. Currently it's set at 1080 and 30 frames per second.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
Bummer dude, but at least you didn't have to clean a stinking bird! 😉!
No biggie. You had a great hunt and just extended your season!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

An old pard used to say, there is a lot more air around em than where they are standing.
I'm blaming the deer. That bird would have walked in if it hadn't been spooked by that deer.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

Since we're on the "adage" thang!
My pop used to tell me, "There's alot more room to miss than hit!"
Yeppers, same idea, just different ways to say it! LOL!
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
You had all the fun of turkey hunting and still have a tag...

I know, I know, just another way to say it...
Posted By: pullit Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
that got your heart rate up...
kind of a catch and release thing....
Good luck
Posted By: coyote268 Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
there not hard to hit but easy to miss
Posted By: MOW Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
One thing the GoPro does is distort distance. That was a really close bird. I'll set it to film in 4K and 60 frames per second next trip. Currently it's set at 1080 and 30 frames per second.

What county are you in? Birds in New Kent have been quiet.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A pure miss - 04/23/22
Well, at least you got some action. On Thursday, I went back to where I saw all the birds on Monday and saw zip, nil, nada, and heard not a peep. The Shenandoah is right there, and they can merely set their wings and cross to the other side if the notion strikes them. Gonna give ‘em another whack on Tuesday I think.

Very little pressure there it seems. Only a couple other cars on the opener, and one Thursday. Everyone else appears to prefer the flatland on the one end while Grandpa here chugs his way up and down through the woods towards the other.

No shots heard as yet.

Keep pluggin’ away!
That shot is going to bother me. I took a bead directly on that bird's head at a little over 50 feet knowing my gun shoots a bit high and having extra full choke in the gun. If I had been hunting with my Ithaca that hits to point of aim, or had a modified or regular full choke, I think I would have nailed him.

I think I am going to go back to my Kicks Gobblin Thunder choke. It patterns a little more open than the Carlsons that was in it.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: A pure miss - 04/24/22
That shot is going to bother me. I took a bead directly on that bird's head at a little over 50 feet knowing my gun shoots a bit high and having extra full choke in the gun. If I had been hunting with my Ithaca that hits to point of aim, or had a modified or regular full choke, I think I would have nailed him.

I think I am going to go back to my Kicks Gobblin Thunder choke. It patterns a little more open than the Carlsons that was in it.

Great hunt, the shooting not so much. Very easy to overshoot a bird with a shotgun no matter the choke.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: A pure miss - 04/24/22
"... I took a bead directly on that bird's head at a little over 50 feet knowing my gun shoots a bit high and having extra full choke in the gun. ..."

My "point of aim" (POA) is that spot on the neck where the feathers stop and the wattles start. I only aim at the head if that's all I can see.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: A pure miss - 04/24/22
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
"... I took a bead directly on that bird's head at a little over 50 feet knowing my gun shoots a bit high and having extra full choke in the gun. ..."

My "point of aim" (POA) is that spot on the neck where the feathers stop and the wattles start. I only aim at the head if that's all I can see.

I believe that is what he is saying. In the excitement he aimed at the head instead of the wattles. I have been there!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: A pure miss - 04/24/22

At 50' you would be surprised at how tight even a modified choke is.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: A pure miss - 04/24/22
Originally Posted by clwg97

I believe that is what he is saying. In the excitement he aimed at the head instead of the wattles. I have been there!

So have I!
When you get a hot bird coming dead at you, gobbling, stopping, strutting and you're watching the entire show unfold, it gets just a little disconcerting! LOL!
When I no longer get that adrenaline rush and the feeling I'm about to wet my.pants, then I'll quit hunting!
Posted By: MOGC Re: A pure miss - 04/25/22
I have had more than a few birds spooked by coyotes and bobcats. The predators hear the calling and gobbling and are coming in to the lunch bell when they either spook the gobbler or hens, a few times deer which start snorting and blowing. Once I had a boar hog come trotting in and fouled the set up. He made the mistake of wandering too close and caught two ounces of Hevi 13 #6's at the base of the ear.

In the interest of full admission, I have missed a few close ones a time or two. I actually prefer my Kick's GT to my Indian Creek choke because the Kick's throws a better 20"-24" pattern while the Indian Creek is a tighter 10"-16" pattern. The Kick's gives me just a bit more margin for error at 20 yards and yet is plenty tight for 45 yard shots if necessary.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 04/25/22

Usually mine, too. He landed on a branch on the far side of the tree and had his head sticking straight out horizontally looking right at me. So that reference wasn't there. I should have aimed low at the air below his head.

I was surprised that my "go for broke" calling worked as well as it did. After intermittent, subtle calling all morning, I decided to work 2 pots and a diaphram call as loudly as I could and got this guy, who either wasn't there or was dead silent all morning, to sound off. It was my "George Costanza" approach. My "If everything I've been doing has been wrong, then the opposite must be right" moment, and it worked.

Oh well, just another story to add. Season goes to full days starting today, and I'll be back out there at least two more times this week.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 04/25/22
A shotgun that doesn't center it's patterns ain't worth a shyt no matter the name stamped on the barrel, how much it cost or how nicely finished and will not live in my safe.
Posted By: MOGC Re: A pure miss - 04/25/22
A shotgun that doesn't center it's pattern is more common than you think. And while it may shoot to point of aim with some loads it might not with other loads or chokes. With that said, I agree 100%, if the gun, choke, load, sight system doesn't shoot to point of aim it is useless to me. For game shooting a flat 50/50 or 60/40 pattern centered at point of aim is perfect.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 04/25/22
Originally Posted by MOGC
A shotgun that doesn't center it's pattern is more common than you think. And while it may shoot to point of aim with some loads it might not with other loads or chokes. With that said, I agree 100%, if the gun, choke, load, sight system doesn't shoot to point of aim it is useless to me. For game shooting a flat 50/50 or 60/40 pattern centered at point of aim is perfect.
I know how common they are. I've had a bunch. They were either fixed or don't live here anymore.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/06/22

Do you really want my honest opinion ?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/06/22
Do I have a choice?
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
You ever watch the TK and Mike videos ?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
No
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22

A shotgun that doesn't shoot to POA probably just needs a little adjustment....or the shooter just needs to practice mounting that gun.
They make shims, cheek pads, ramps, beads, sights and optics that can change POI to dead center. (It actually adjusts the gun to the shooters eye!)

Too bad we can't all afford a Purdey & Sons fine double gun built to fit you.
Half a king's ransom* and they begin building to your specifications. A year later, you are summoned to the Purdey shooting grounds where you shoot the piece.
Back at the factory, the piece is then "adjusted" to "YOU", the artisans built a walnut, velvet lined case to hold your prize.
You surrender the other half of the king's ransom and you and your fitted shotgun fly home!

* - probably in the neighborhood of $250K these days!
I only have one shotgun that shoots 50/50 at 40 yards and that's my Ithaca. All the rest print 60/40 or worse at 40 yards. That video is distorted. That bird was only about 50 feet away when I shot. And it wasn't a typical presentation. That bird was mainly behined the truck with it's head sticking straight out. I took a bead on his head and shot and missed cleanly. The bird then flew down and took off. I search for over an hour to make sure it didn't run off and die, but never found it. No saw blood or any evidence at all of that bird being hit. At 50 feet, I am sure I shot over it's head. I had an opportunity for a second shot when it started to fly down but didn't want to take a belly shot. I wish I didn't take that shot. That deer running in and all the noise got me a birt excited. Tureky fever, I guess. Lesson learned.

This was essentially what I was shooting at:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: MOGC Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
I had a shot at a gobbler in a tree just like that a few years back. Several years ago I heard a gobbler sound off down in a long flat holler just before daylight. I snuck down in there and got close to where I thought he had gobbled from. I was sitting against a tree waiting for daylight and heard a noise above me in a tree a few yards to my left. I figured it was an early rising squirrel. I heard it again and took a peek up and was surprised to see four hens roosted within ten yards of me on my left. Of course they were all staring straight at me. I swing my eyes around and saw the gobbler roosted about fifteen yards off to my right and a little in front of me. And he was also staring straight at me. In the early dark I had slipped right into the middle of those roosted turkeys.

I could have shot him out of the tree but that's not how I wanted to kill my bird. The hens flushed and flew to the ground about 100+ yards away and the gobbler followed immediately. They walked off and I could hear him gobble off and on for the next hour or so and then it got quiet in the woods. I checked my topo map and they were headed toward a big long flat top ridge. I went down the holler about a mile and slipped across and up on that ridgetop. I sat up there quietly for about thirty minutes and then started giving a few clucks and soft yelps every twenty minutes or so. At 11:00 after a soft cluck or two I saw my bird strutting about 80 yards away. That old bird had not gobbled once coming in but he knew he was close to that "hen" and was sure putting on a show. I shut up and shot him about 20 minutes later at around 25 yards as he slipped along looking for that hen. I had a 3.5 mile hike across some up/down steep Ozark timber to get back to the truck but it was all good. It was a satisfying hunt in the Ozark's National Wild and Scenic Rivers wilderness area.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
I never in my entire life saw a video as stupid as the one you posted.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
I have. grin grin grin

P.S. I think you'd sell more trumpets if you let Zach Farmer or someone else run them on YouTube for you. Be better advertising.

P.P.S. If I sounded like that with a diaphragm............ I would be embarrassed to do it in front of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMoIdGYoBw&t=75s
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22
I only have one shotgun that shoots 50/50 at 40 yards and that's my Ithaca. All the rest print 60/40 or worse at 40 yards. That video is distorted. That bird was only about 50 feet away when I shot. And it wasn't a typical presentation. That bird was mainly behined the truck with it's head sticking straight out. I took a bead on his head and shot and missed cleanly. The bird then flew down and took off. I search for over an hour to make sure it didn't run off and die, but never found it. No saw blood or any evidence at all of that bird being hit. At 50 feet, I am sure I shot over it's head. I had an opportunity for a second shot when it started to fly down but didn't want to take a belly shot. I wish I didn't take that shot. That deer running in and all the noise got me a birt excited. Tureky fever, I guess. Lesson learned.

This was essentially what I was shooting at:

Reefing down a click or two tighter on the magazine cap can lower the point of impact a surprising amount on a high shooting gun. I've also bent barrels and reamed chokes eccentricly to bring poi to poa. I simply would not tolerate anything worse than a 60/40 pattern.
Originally Posted by Yoder409
I have. grin grin grin

P.S. I think you'd sell more trumpets if you let Zach Farmer or someone else run them on YouTube for you. Be better advertising.

P.P.S. If I sounded like that with a diaphragm............ I would be embarrassed to do it in front of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMoIdGYoBw&t=75s

Sounds like an asthmatic kid playing basketball in a pollen storm.

I could have shot him out of the tree but that's not how I wanted to kill my bird.

I certainly wouldn't shoot a bird that's still roosting in the morning. I don't even move in on roosting birds. But this bird had been on the ground for 2 or more hours and came into my call, got spooked, and flew into a tree. I figure he's a fair game as he would be on the ground.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Reefing down a click or two tighter on the magazine cap can lower the point of impact a surprising amount on a high shooting gun. I've also bent barrels and reamed chokes eccentricly to bring poi to poa. I simply would not tolerate anything worse than a 60/40 pattern.

I've never heard that. I usually tighten my magazine cap to the point of getting that last detent click.

As far as a shotgun that doesn't shoot at least 60/40, I stopped using my Benelli Super Nova for that very reason. Not sure what it prints, but its way worse than 60/40. Maybe 70/30 or worse. I've got some new Carlsons chokes for it I haven't tried. Maybe those will help.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 05/07/22

I've never heard that. I usually tighten my magazine cap to the point of getting that last detent click.

As far as a shotgun that doesn't shoot at least 60/40, I stopped using my Benelli Super Nova for that very reason. Not sure what it prints, but its way worse than 60/40. Maybe 70/30 or worse. I've got some new Carlsons chokes for it I haven't tried. Maybe those will help.
If I go two clicks beyond just "normal tight" to "gorilla grip farmer tight" on my BPS it lowers the pattern 6" at 30 yards.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/08/22

I could have shot him out of the tree but that's not how I wanted to kill my bird.

I certainly wouldn't shoot a bird that's still roosting in the morning. I don't even move in on roosting birds. But this bird had been on the ground for 2 or more hours and came into my call, got spooked, and flew into a tree. I figure he's a fair game as he would be on the ground.

If he came to that calling he was a mentally retarded turkey.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/10/22
I'm blaming the deer. That bird would have walked in if it hadn't been spooked by that deer.

The gobbler saw you move then started putting....then you went to talking and really moving combined with the bull frOg calling and he went up in the tree to see what you were up to.

You should never have fired the shot at him in a tree like you did....he's probably walking around carrying one of your pellets as the gangrene sets in.

I showed the video to my buddy from Virginia he said no way that guy is from Virginia he has to be from up North to be that dumb.

Between you and the phoney Yoder409 and the Pappy idiot I'd say this board has three of the dumbest sObs I've ever come across in my entire life.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: A pure miss - 05/10/22
Good morning, Luther !!!!!

On 5/5/22 you told me that you killed a bird at your buddies in Powhatan, Virginia. Yet on your own website yesterday you posted that you hadn't seen any gobblers this year. Weird.

So, how about you post a pick of this bird you killed in Powhatan, Virginia along with a screenshot of your Virginia Non-Resident's license and a screenshot of your eNotch that confirms you tagged your bird in compliance with the law and when and where it was killed.

How we comin' with this ?? Ready to prove you're not an internet phony AND an outlaw ?? Should be simple..........right old pal ???
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/10/22
He's not going to prove it. Probably because he can't. After he told me he killed a "nice bird at his buddy's in Powhatan", he wrote on his own forum (the one he had to create because he's been banned from every internet forum except this one) that he hadn't seen any gobblers or hens this year. Only some jakes. He hasn't even stated on his own forum that he killed a bird in Powhatan this year. LFC set the standard for "internet phony" then promptly met that standard.

I see LFC posted my video on his own forum solely for the purposes of criticizing me. Whatever. I've been criticized by far better men than LFC. (Actually, that would be anyone that's ever criticized me. :D)
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 05/10/22
Originally Posted by LFC

The gobbler saw you move then started putting....then you went to talking and really moving combined with the bull frOg calling and he went up in the tree to see what you were up to.

You should never have fired the shot at him in a tree like you did....he's probably walking around carrying one of your pellets as the gangrene sets in.

I showed the video to my buddy from Virginia he said no way that guy is from Virginia he has to be from up North to be that dumb.

Between you and the phoney Yoder409 and the Pappy idiot I'd say this board has three of the dumbest sObs I've ever come across in my entire life.
I've shot them out of trees and I've shot them out of the air {on the wing}. Hell I've even blasted a few out the back door and out the kitchen window. It's just a damn shyt eatin' turkey and when it's open season and I have a tag the object is to fill it.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22

Here ya go goofy
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
He’s the only one I’ve ever put on ignore….that’s saying something….
Posted By: blairvt Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
Originally Posted by LFC

whats this guys problem?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
Hardly proof. Interesting that he carries a paper license. Anyone can write in a number on their paper license and pinch out a notch. (In fact, anyone with a Va license can report a kill that never occurred.) I've never once had the DGIF/DWR followup on a reported kill of any kind. Nevertheless, his pic isn't a screenshot of his eNotch and history from his GoOutdoors app that will show the date (and date reported), time, place, weapon, length of beard, etc of this alleged kill. Powhatan Co. is one of the worst turkey hunting counties in Virginia with among the lowest harvests of all counties in Va year after year. The only places worse are actual cities. Most residents of Powhatan leave the county to hunt elsewhere. Nobody comes into Va to spring turkey hunt in Powhatan.
You dumb ass I bought my license at Dicks Sporting goods in Lynchburg VA. on the way thats all I got was a paper license.

Why don't you post a picture of a dead turkey.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by LFC

whats this guys problem?

His mother refused to breastfeed him. Told him she just wanted to be friends........

Went downhill from there. grin
Best of you ran down some hoes leg.

Why don't you tell who in the turkey choke and turkey hunting industry paid you for over two decades ?

You ain't going to tell because it's all bull chit.
In the 2020-2021 season, 100% of spring turkeys harvested in Virginia were reported using the new online electronic harvest system. There is no more manual checking of big game in Virginia. It's either electronic or phone. We'll soon see if LFC breaks that. If he reported his "kill" at all.
Posted By: gaswamp Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
why take the video down I wanted to watch it again
It was never my intent to leave them up long. This was the first year learning how to use the GoPro 10. I need to find a better way to mount it.
Posted By: TD5427 Re: A pure miss - 05/11/22
Hardly proof. Interesting that he carries a paper license. Anyone can write in a number on their paper license and pinch out a notch. (In fact, anyone with a Va license can report a kill that never occurred.)

Is it not legal to carry a paper license in VA and why would someone report a kill that never occurred? I’ve never hunted in VA but have hunted other states with a telecheck option in addition to an online option that appear to be similar to the new VA system and all you receive by phone is a confirmation number to write on your paper license. I’m just wondering what’s improper about this.
Nothing illegal about it. Just curious why anyone was tech savy as LFC - he's created his own forum, has his own YouTube channel, and can post pics on this forum with ease - would stop by a Dicks sporting goods store to buy a paper license when you can download the Va Outdoors ap for free and buy your license on the ap and report your kill as you stand beside it. Hardly anyone carries a paper license here anymore. Like I said, in the 2020-2021 season, 100% of spring turkey kills were reported online using the ap. Those stats have been published.

why would someone report a kill that never occurred?

It's not hard to guess with some people.
Have you ever checked a turkey in in Virginia?

How you think I got a confirmation number to go on my tag you idiot ?
How do we know that's a valid number? Or that you didn't call your buddy up and just get his number? Or that you didn't call in a kill you never made? Or when you actually reported that kill? Hmmmmm?

I'm just screwing with you, LFC. I really don't give a [bleep] if you killed a bird in Virginia or not, or anywhere else for that matter. But it is interesting to see how you react when someone screws with you the way you screw with them. You're no one special, and from what I can tell, aside from making a few pretty calls in the past (that you can't seem to operate very well), you never were. But what you do, and do well, is to be persistently annoying and disruptive. I supposed that, along with tearing down fellow calls makers on other forums to make yourself feel better, is why you've been banned from just about every forum that you've joined.

You think anyone that doesn't bow to your superior knowledge is an azzhole. That's why you think so many people are azzholes. You'd do well to reflect on the axiom, “If you run into an azzhole in the morning, you ran into an [bleep]. If you run into azzholes all day, you're the azzhole.”

Whatever. You are what you are and I suspect you've been what you are so long you couldn't change now if you wanted to. I'll hunt the way I want, you do the same. Make all the fun you want. And question Yoder's experience all you want. He doesn't owe you a damned thing. (And he sure as hell didn't owe me antyhing, and I'm sorry I ever questioned him, and I'm glad he knows, and I'm glad we've talked about it.)

But there never seems to be a cleansing moment for you. You're just mean. And there's no good reason for it.

You made me think of this clip from South Park.

G'night, LFC.
Naw you sent the PM....you know Yoder409 is a bull chit artist just like I do.
The hunting and fishing community is full of bullshitters. Ultimately, who cares.
How do we know that's a valid number? Or that you didn't call your buddy up and just get his number? Or that you didn't call in a kill you never made? Or when you actually reported that kill? Hmmmmm?

I'm just screwing with you, LFC. I really don't give a [bleep] if you killed a bird in Virginia or not, or anywhere else for that matter. But it is interesting to see how you react when someone screws with you the way you screw with them. You're no one special, and from what I can tell, aside from making a few pretty calls in the past (that you can't seem to operate very well), you never were. But what you do, and do well, is to be persistently annoying and disruptive. I supposed that, along with tearing down fellow calls makers on other forums to make yourself feel better, is why you've been banned from just about every forum that you've joined.

You think anyone that doesn't bow to your superior knowledge is an azzhole. That's why you think so many people are azzholes. You'd do well to reflect on the axiom, “If you run into an azzhole in the morning, you ran into an [bleep]. If you run into azzholes all day, you're the azzhole.”

Whatever. You are what you are and I suspect you've been what you are so long you couldn't change now if you wanted to. I'll hunt the way I want, you do the same. Make all the fun you want. And question Yoder's experience all you want. He doesn't owe you a damned thing. (And he sure as hell didn't owe me antyhing, and I'm sorry I ever questioned him, and I'm glad he knows, and I'm glad we've talked about it.)

But there never seems to be a cleansing moment for you. You're just mean. And there's no good reason for it.

You made me think of this clip from South Park.

G'night, LFC.

Truth is you know nothing about me you're just posting lies about me that you've been fed.....you know it and I know it.

If you were any kind of a man you'd tell who's been feeding you these lies....
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
You built your reputation. No one else did that.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
Originally Posted by LFC
Truth is you know nothing about me.............

Yet you know ALL about me.

From the mouths of babes................
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
We all know that you lied about being paid by the choke tube and turkeying industry for over twO decades.
Originally Posted by LFC
We all know that you lied about being paid by the choke tube and turkeying industry for over twO decades.

Seems YOU'RE the only one who cares.......and can't take a guy at his word.......
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
Originally Posted by LFC
Truth is you know nothing about me you're just posting lies about me that you've been fed.....you know it and I know it.

If you were any kind of a man you'd tell who's been feeding you these lies....

I notice you've been trashing me for days on your own private, invite-only, closed forum. Remember the one you created because you've been banned everywhere but here, and the one you invited me to join? I've never posted there until today. But I did take a look. Nah, no need to join the "Old Masters" forum. "Old Masters." Pretty sure that's short for "Old Masturbator." Because all you do on that forum is gratify yourself.

You remind me of an old hairless wash women.

Yoder409 feeding you the lies about me ?
Originally Posted by LFC

Seems YOU'RE the only one who cares.......and can't take a guy at his word.......

What good is the word of a guy that hides behind a goofy azz screen name.....then tries to run over me claiming to be an X'spurt.

Here's what I figure you weAseled your way into sitting in a booth at the NWTF or some sport show....they gave you a hat or a shirt maybe a choke tube or a discount and you think you know something.

Tell me who "paid you for over two decades in the Choke tube and turkey hunting industry" and I'll check it out and that will be the end of it.

You won't because the answer would likely add up to who's pecker you sucked to sit in a booth.

PS...Your buddy 10Glock is the one that thought you shot those turkeys off your back porch not eYe....lol
Posted By: blairvt Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

What good is the word of a guy that hides behind a goofy azz screen name.....then tries to run over me claiming to be an X'spurt.

Here's what I figure you weAseled your way into sitting in a booth at the NWTF or some sport show....they gave you a hat or a shirt maybe a choke tube or a discount and you think you know something.

Tell me who "paid you for over two decades in the Choke tube and turkey hunting industry" and I'll check it out and that will be the end of it.

You won't because the answer would likely add up to who's pecker you sucked to sit in a booth.

PS...Your buddy 10Glock is the one that thought you shot those turkeys off your back porch not eYe....lol
will you ever just let it go? Enough already
No. He won't.

Apparently, he feels his "authority" on the subject of turkey hunting is threatened by lil ol' me. Only way he can seem to deal with a perceived threat is to attempt to tear down and discredit.

What ev...........
Posted By: SKane Re: A pure miss - 05/12/22
Oh my – he even looks the part of a prick.

Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
No. He won't.

Apparently, he feels his "authority" on the subject of turkey hunting is threatened by lil ol' me. Only way he can seem to deal with a perceived threat is to attempt to tear down and discredit.

What ev...........

I just don't like liars and phoneys
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by SKane
Oh my – he even looks the part of a prick.

What part you want to sUck I might put you on my pOe staff....
Posted By: battue Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
Post after post...some guy asking another guy for a BJ. Beginning to wonder about this place....
Posted By: MOGC Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
Just as easy as LFC could stop, Yoder could put an end to it by telling how he has been involved in the industry for so many years. I honestly don't know why he hasn't simply disclosed his involvement in the industry as he claims. I'm not picking sides, just saying either one of them could end the drama. Otherwise it is tit for tat.
Posted By: humdinger Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
Just as easy as LFC could stop, Yoder could put an end to it by telling how he has been involved in the industry for so many years. I honestly don't know why he hasn't simply disclosed his involvement in the industry as he claims. I'm not picking sides, just saying either one of them could end the drama. Otherwise it is tit for tat.

LFC wouldn't stop if Yoder disclosed anything.

He would just start drilling down. Yoder is playing it right.

PS. LFC's profile pic looks like he can handle a cigar as well as Monica.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by battue
Post after post...some guy asking another guy for a BJ. Beginning to wonder about this place....

LMAO !!!!!!!

MOST of us are OK. Don't be 'fraid. grin

Just as when my kids, way back when, would throw a fit in the toy section or cereal aisle over not getting what they demanded............ Luther, being an...........well..........being Luther........ ain't gonna get him anything HE asks for.

Simple.
Posted By: MOGC Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
In that case, it is as much you as it is him. As the kids say, whatever!
In that case, it is as much you as it is him. As the kids say, whatever!

Yep. Whatever.

Could we maybe hunt some turkeys around here ???
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
I did that today. Wrapped up my season. It ends tomorrow but I'm not going. It rained all day except for about 10 minutes around 10 AM. I slept in and didn't get into the woods until around 6 AM. Heard only one gobble off in the distance on the far side of the swamp. Worked the swamp back and forth and got no return calls. Picked a seat near a 1800s vintage dam that connects the private woods on the other side of the swamp to the state forest land on my side. Decided to wait and see if anything happened later in the morning. No turkey sounds at all. Decided to call it a season around noon.

The eagles I had been seeing over the swamp have a nest near the dam. There's an adult and a flying juveline. They soared back and forth the whole time I was there.

The undergrowth has really closed in since opening day. I think a modified choke would have been entirely appropriate. Unless I would have shot down the dam, I wouldn't have gotten a shot further than 30 yards.

Saw lots of squirrels - a good thing since spring squirrel season opens on June 4. Heard several nearby owls. I thought they might have been hunters at first until they got closer and the calls were coming from the trees. I had a big box turtle wander past me. And I saw several deer. One going in that darted into my path, and several coming over a hill to my right and then up the ravine I normally hunt.

It was a little cool and raining so I turned off my Thermocell thinking I wouldn't need it. Within ten minutes the skeeters were attacking my eyes, so I turned it back on. Thermocell = greatest invention of all time (least least when you're hutning a swamp).

So, no turkey for me this spring. But I heard gobblers all 6 of my trips, got returns calls on three of those trips, saw gobblers twice, and got a shot once. The forest was gorgeous, I had no competition all spring (except for the eagles), and God kept me healthy enought to enjoy every second of the season. So it was a great season.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
All this over thinkin that hunting/calling a stupid shyt eatin bird makes you something special. Sheesh. The fuggin things don't even taste good.
Posted By: SKane Re: A pure miss - 05/13/22
All this over thinkin that hunting/calling a stupid shyt eatin bird makes you something special. Sheesh. The fuggin things don't even taste good.

Flexing and peacocking over turkey superiority is flat-out weird.
It's a gap-fill pastime at best for me. laugh
Posted By: Blackheart Re: A pure miss - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by SKane

Flexing and peacocking over turkey superiority is flat-out weird.
It's a gap-fill pastime at best for me. laugh
Yep, something to hunt in the spring when nothing else is in season.
Posted By: LFC Re: A pure miss - 05/14/22
He won't because it's all a lie.....
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/14/22
Yep, something to hunt in the spring when nothing else is in season.

I love spring turkey hunting. Of all the hunting I do, I'm probably least successful at that. I've killed more turkeys in the fall when I was deer hunting than in the spring. Nonetheless, spring turkey hunting is probably my favorite form of hunting. I'd be out there today, but its saturday, last day of the season, and it's pouring down rain and thundering. Early spring is a great time to be in the woods. No hunt clubs running their dogs, very little competition, and [usually] great weather.

I survived this season woithout a single tick. Only used Deep Woods Off once.
Maybe YoderbOy will invite you up to shoot one when they come up to peck on his patio door.

Go prO man.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: A pure miss - 05/14/22
Unfortunately, I no longer have access to private land. I used to hunt private land in the past but the old lady that owned it died and the family sold the land. I also bought access to other private land but the company that owned it decided to lease their tracts of land to hunt clubs on a yearly basis. All of my hunting now is either on our state's wildlife management areas (WMAs), state forests or national forests. It's not bad hunting, but on the WMAs I deal with competition and hunt clubs, and on the state and national forests I deal with travel times and hikes. Not bad hunting if you can deal with those things. I've found I much prefer the travel time and hikes over competition.

Where I hunted this season was an hour and twenty minute drive from my house, and a 1.25 mile hike from my truck to the end of the logging road, and another 150 yard hike through the woods to the swamp I hunted. Small price to pay. Over the course of the season, I never heard another shot other than mine. I only encountered one other hunter on this particular tract the entire season. And either heard or encountered birds on every trip.

I like this tract of land. Lots of deer, lots of rabbit, lots of squirrel, some quail and woodcock, and some deep woods turkeys.

Now that turkey season is over, two weeks of spring squirrel season is next. So time to put a few in the freezer. Then it will be days at the range making sure my Hawken is sighted in, and working up a load for my new Knight Mountaineer and Blackhord 209. After all, muzzleloader deer season is 5 short months away.
If you're asking for sympathy from me there will be none.
© 24hourcampfire