Home
Posted By: Jhawk Finally Heading West - 04/30/22
Been planning on a trip west for the last three years with some friends. Something always seem to come up last minuet that causes a cancelation. I finally decided this year i was going by myself no matter what, now my son has decide to go with me. We will be headed to Nebraska around May 9th, Hopefully the crowd will be down by then. Going to try to stay in Chadron and go from there. We have been to Nebraska to pheasant hunt a couple of times but never turkey hunted. Any info on places to stay, eat or a good jumping off point to find turkeys would be appreciated or places to stay away from.
Posted By: Huntaholic Re: Finally Heading West - 05/10/22
Motel Grand in Chadron is reasonably priced. Its old but its clean and the lady who runs it is nice. Good luck on your quest! Ive been going to that area since about 2006 and I just got back last week with a heaping helping of tag soup. First time ever going out there and not killing a few.
Posted By: pullit Re: Finally Heading West - 05/10/22
best of luck to you and your son
Posted By: Jhawk Re: Finally Heading West - 05/22/22
Thanks for the reply. We stayed at the super 8 it was ok but not recommended. They terrain was different than we figured it would be with the steep drops and the burns. We managed to get a bird a piece pretty early so we left early to go see MT Rushmore on the way back. We had a good time. Definitely be back.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Finally Heading West - 05/24/22
Sounds like a good trip.
© 24hourcampfire