Home
Posted By: bbassi Pretty rare - 05/06/22
Only my second multi-beard in 40 years of chasing them.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Pretty rare - 05/06/22
Nice! I've only taken one. He had 2 beards.
Also took one bearded hen.
Posted By: 84Mtn_EER Re: Pretty rare - 05/06/22
Holy crap. Number 1 that's an awesome set of beards. Number 2, How long is the longest beard ?

I've been chasing thunder chickens for over 20 years off and on but with a feverish passion since 2010 and I've never killed a multi beard bird.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Pretty rare - 05/06/22
SWEET !!!!!

A memorable one, for sure !!!

This is my 43rd spring and I've only killed 3 with multiple beards. CONGRATS to you !!!!!
Posted By: Judman Re: Pretty rare - 05/06/22
Damn I’m gettin the gobbler fever more and more. Nice triple, ain’t too many of them around I bet.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
Nice!! I killed a three bearded gobbler many years ago. 12,7,3 inches.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
Awesome !

According to the NWTF, the current record is 13 beards! 🤯

https://www.nwtf.org/hunt/article/lucky-13
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
Been after em since about '83. Never kilt a multi bearded bird.

Maybe one of these days.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
I killed a 4 beard bird when I was in HS, only one I’ve ever seen in person. Pretty neat
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
Here's a story about my three bearded turkey..............it was indeed a trophy bird, weighed right at 24 pounds, three beards totaling 22 inches, and the spurs were 1 3/4 and 1 5/8. Scoring was by NWTF standards, and I won two local contests, $400 at one, and a trophy at the other. I was entered in the Uncle Lee's contest at their store in Greenville, KY, but was too busy on the farm to drive up there and have them score it. Had I done so, I would have won a Winchester 1300 Turkey shotgun.

I had always thought that a mounted turkey was cool, so I had the bird mounted. It was in a spare bedroom that I was using as an office at the time. I started noticing strands of the beard laying on the floor and thought that the beard was coming out. Anyway, to make a long story short, we had a cat in the house, and the damned thing was chewing on the beard of my turkey, and by the time I figured out what was happening, half the beard had been chewed off. I wish I'd just cut the beard and spurs off and saved them, and by doing so, I'd been $200 to the better.
Posted By: SKane Re: Pretty rare - 05/07/22
That's cool as hell.
Posted By: pullit Re: Pretty rare - 05/08/22
very cool
the farm I hunt most used to have several that I killed over the years but have not killed a multi beard in 4 or so years
Posted By: hanco Re: Pretty rare - 05/08/22
That’s the first I’ve seen, very cool
Posted By: dale06 Re: Pretty rare - 05/08/22
That’s a real trophy, congrats!
I’ve taken one double beard and one bearded hen with a bow. Have taken 40+ with a bow over the past 25 or so years. And I’ve seen half dozen or so bearded hens.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Pretty rare - 05/08/22
That is very cool. I have never even seen a multi bearded turkey till this year. Saw him scouting but didn’t see him opening day. The other gentleman who hunts the property got him 2 weeks later. 😬
That is a great trophy, clean it up and display it with the spurs. 👍👍
© 24hourcampfire