Home
Posted By: Buckbandit Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
So Cameralandny has this sight on clearance. 6moa dot. My question is can this be used in a shotgun for Turkey hunting since it doesn’t mention use for shotgun but says it’s pistol rated?. Also for those that use these types of sights for Turkey hunting is 6moa dot to large?
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
It would work. The dot would cover 3inches at 50 yards. I would rather have a 2 or 3 moa just for more precision.
Posted By: pullit Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
Originally Posted by scottf270
It would work. The dot would cover 3inches at 50 yards. I would rather have a 2 or 3 moa just for more precision.

This^^^
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
I have a Trijicon RMR dual illuminated sight with a 9 MOA dot. Tried it on a Glock and ended up taking it off. So I tried to find a place where a 9 MOA dot would work well, and that place was on top of my dual buckshot/turkeyshot shotgun. 9 MOA is 3.6 inches at 40 yards - about the size of a turkey's head from the tip of the beak to the back of the head. I like a bigger dot for a shotgun. I tried a Delta Point Pro with a 2.5 MOA dot and that lasted about 5 minutes before I went back to the 9 MOA dot.

A 6 MOA dot will cover 2.4 inches at 40 yards. It should work well.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
Why they make all this different stuff! I prefer a smaller dot and use a Burris FF III with a 3 MOA dot. All comes down to personal preference.
Posted By: Buckbandit Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
I think I’m gonna try one for the price they running them at. If don’t work out I can find something to put it on
Posted By: Winnie70 Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
I have the Sightron 6 MOA on a Stevens 301 20 ga and a Burris III on a 870. I can dial down the dot to real small for the Sightron and have to make it 1 click larger....can't tell the difference between the Sightron and the Burris. You can make the Sightron brighter and larger dot by turning it up to 6 MOA, which is not necessary for a shotgun in turkey hunting. A well made sight , like it better than the Burris for changing the battery. Great price on a red dot and if I needed another would buy again if that means anything.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/22/23
Sightron is very good stuff...
Posted By: pullit Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
You don't want a cheap red dot, trust me I know. Sightron is not a brand I would be scared to use.
Posted By: Buckbandit Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
Well I’m gonna back out on sightron because it doesn’t mount with weaver/picantanny bases. It mounts using
C-more mounts and I have no idea what that is
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
https://www.cmore.com/Category/Mounts
Posted By: hawkeye58 Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
The one from Camera Land is a kit comes with a Picatinny Rail Mount. https://cameralandny.com/shop/sight...ation=3137941&query=SightronSRS-2%20

Other mounts are available such as Meadow Creek. https://www.meadowcreekmounts.com/choose-model

I bought two, the 2 MOA(out of stock) and the 6MOA. Both will work great for Turkey hunting.
Posted By: hawkeye58 Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
SRS-2 Sight Kit includes:
6 MOA SRS-2 Reflex Sight
Picatinny Rail Mount
Sight Cover
1.5mm Hex wrench for W/E
Battery Tray Opener
(1) CR2032 Battery
(2) Sight mounting screws
2.5mm Hex wrench for mounting screws
3mm Hex wrench for Picatinny rail

The only thing I don't care for is the cover. The soft plastic covers such as the ones from Dream Plastics for the Burris Fastfire 3 will not fit it.
Posted By: Buckbandit Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/23/23
Your right it does. I will order
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Sightron SRS ? - 03/24/23
I just put a 2 MOA on my SBE-2. Haven’t shot it yet but will this weekend
© 24hourcampfire