Home
Posted By: longarm Leucistic hen - 05/30/23
Visiting a couple of friends in La Pine this weekend.. this thing walks on by. A first for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]star names for boys
Posted By: longarm Re: Leucistic hen - 05/30/23
Is this 'smoke phase'?
Hopefully not a domestic... laugh
Posted By: SS336 Re: Leucistic hen - 05/30/23
Now that’s different. Kind of almost albino.
Posted By: Houser52 Re: Leucistic hen - 05/30/23
I had a hen that color on my farm and saw her with the flock for several years in a row. The flock has moved elsewhere and I haven’t seen them in awhile.
Posted By: PennDog Re: Leucistic hen - 05/31/23
Never saw a turkey like that - that’s a beautiful bird……Thanks for sharing!

PennDog
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Leucistic hen - 05/31/23
A little Royal Palm in the woodpile!
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Leucistic hen - 05/31/23
Wonder how they get like that? Naturally, color variations are natural in lots of animals. Just wondering about what Longarm said, maybe a little domestic infiltrated the gene pool.

No doubt some smart ass wild Tom hopped the fence into a domestic turkey farm and said to a hen "Say, do you have some WILD turkey in you?" "No," she said in response. "Want some?" says the wild Tom with a grin.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leucistic hen - 06/01/23
We had some white turkeys and spotted birds, haven’t seen any in a couple of years.
Posted By: pullit Re: Leucistic hen - 06/01/23
cool looking bird, never seen one that looked like that before
Posted By: Indy99 Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
I had a gray hen like that in southern IN. Saw her for about 3 yrs then she disappeared. Haven’t seen one like it since. Very cool.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
Have seen a lot of turkeys in 50 some years, never seen one like her. And I'm willing to bet some clown will shoot her.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
Cool
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
I usually only see the back end of a hen as it's running away from me! Lol! Neat pic, always something interesting to see out there!
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
Don’t think that is domestic breeding influence. We have lots of those crossbreeds west of here and the tame/ wild hybrids display snow white feathers not the smoky grey color of that little gal. Really a cool thing to see!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Leucistic hen - 04/02/24
A guy I know , wife shot a nice Tom that color a couple if years ago. DNR said it was a wild bird, just a lack of color geans, they had it mounted, prettiest Tom iv ever seen!
© 24hourcampfire