Home
Posted By: pullit TSS SHELLS - 07/21/23
I got an email from Powder Valley and they have some TSS shells on sale. This is a FYI post only and I have nothing to do with Powder Valley.

TSS 12 ga, 1 oz, #9, 3" TSS Light Turkey $22.49 (5 shells)

TSS 12 ga, 2 oz, #9, 3" $34.06 (5 shells)

TSS 20 ga, 1 5/8 oz, #9, 3" TSS $29.79 (5 shells)

These are listed under their ammo clearance section.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/21/23
Gee thanks pullit......... You just cost me $200 bucks....lol.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
Bastid. $340 here
Posted By: pullit Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
I do love helping others spend their money....lol
Posted By: scottf270 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
One good thing is I'm now officially out of the buying tss game. I have 7 boxes (35 shells) for my 20 gauge, 12 boxes (60 shells) for my 12 gauge, and have 6 boxes (30 shells) of Heavyweight 15cc for my 10 gauge. Guns are sighted in. I hope I live long enough to use most of them. All bought on sale as I'm cheap!!
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
I own 8 shells with the TSS shot. Bought two 5 round boxes of .410, 3" #9 TSS@
Cost me SIXTY BUCKS!!!
I'll just use lead from now on and just call 'em in a little closer.
Heck, for the price of a box of ammo, I can buy a Butter Ball!!!!! 😉👍
Posted By: pullit Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Cost me SIXTY BUCKS!!!

But you will look funny at Kroger's sitting by the freezer using a box call in full camo...lol
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/22/23
Originally Posted by scottf270
One good thing is I'm now officially out of the buying tss game. I have 7 boxes (35 shells) for my 20 gauge, 12 boxes (60 shells) for my 12 gauge, and have 6 boxes (30 shells) of Heavyweight 15cc for my 10 gauge. Guns are sighted in. I hope I live long enough to use most of them. All bought on sale as I'm cheap!!

I'm with you.

Bought and bought when the 15g/cc Federals got discontinued. Got them for what (today) would be considered "a steal". I think I have enough 20 gauge #7s to torkey hunt for the rest of my life if I live to be 300 years old.
Posted By: gaswamp Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/23/23
who makes those tss shells that Powder valley has?
Posted By: herschel34 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/23/23
Yes, good question. Who makes those TSS? Can’t tell buy looking at the box
Posted By: scottf270 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/23/23
I think they are made by the guy who runs Gobbler Nation. A guy named Hawglips who is touted over there as selling tss and load data. ( He may be working with some partners?) If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/23/23
TSSShot is the name of the shell. I’ve patterned them before and they shot just as well as any of the other 1 5/8oz 20ga loads. Rogue, Foxtrot etc

https://tssshot.us/
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/25/23

You and me both. I got in before prices went totally bat-schitt-crazy, and given my skill level and the population in this area, I have a lifetime supply and to spare for 20 and .410. 12ga gets lead.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/26/23
Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Cost me SIXTY BUCKS!!!

But you will look funny at Kroger's sitting by the freezer using a box call in full camo...lol

Mebbe so, but I won't have to clean a stinking turkey! LOL!
The most vile smelling game I've ever cleaned was ducks!
Turkeys come in second place.
Love hunting, killing, cooking AND eating wild turkeys! But dang it, THEY STINK when you dress them! 😖
Posted By: scottf270 Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/26/23
Order arrived today. Ordered Friday, here on Wednesday. No issue with Powder Valley and shells look great. Packaged well, data printed on each shell, crimps look well sealed. I'm happy with purchase.
Posted By: TNRock Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/27/23
I think they are made by the guy who runs Gobbler Nation. A guy named Hawglips who is touted over there as selling tss and load data. ( He may be working with some partners?) If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

Naw it ain't them
Posted By: pullit Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/27/23
I think his company is Foxtrot or something like that
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/27/23
If, and that's an if, I only use 1 round per bird a year, almost sad to think that the 15 rounds of 20ga 3" TSS I have is a lifetime supply as that will put me into my 80's! Lol! Might have to go shoot some just for shootin sake!
Posted By: humdinger Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/27/23
anyone try them on the pattern board yet?
Posted By: pullit Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/28/23
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
If, and that's an if, I only use 1 round per bird a year, almost sad to think that the 15 rounds of 20ga 3" TSS I have is a lifetime supply as that will put me into my 80's! Lol! Might have to go shoot some just for shootin sake!

I know what you mean, heck I have almost 40 lbs of TSS and I plan on retiring about the first of the year. TN now has a two bird limit and with confirming zero on my red dot every year, I might shoot 4 shells a year. I guess someone will get a bargain at my estate sale....
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/28/23
Originally Posted by humdinger

20 ga. 275 in the 10” at a lasered 40

That’s with a 575 choke. Great hunting pattern. Could probably do a lot better with a 555
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 07/28/23

I know what you mean, heck I have almost 40 lbs of TSS and I plan on retiring about the first of the year. TN now has a two bird limit and with confirming zero on my red dot every year, I might shoot 4 shells a year. I guess someone will get a bargain at my estate sale....

I’m 50. Have about 100 rounds of tss turkey loads. I supply my son and his gun too and hunt multiple states each year. That’s a 6-7 year supply for me
Posted By: Tailwalk7 Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23
Pretty quick shipping!
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23
Powder Valley has Federal 12g 3" #9 1 3/4oz loads on sale for $45.69.

https://www.powdervalley.com/product/federal-12-ga-1-3-4-oz-9-3-heavyweight-tss/
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan

I’m 50. Have about 100 rounds of tss turkey loads. I supply my son and his gun too and hunt multiple states each year. That’s a 6-7 year supply for me

Sounds familiar. Remember these times! Cause next thing you know, 15 shells can be considered a "lifetime" supply! Lol!
Posted By: hawkeye58 Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23

I am 65 and bought 10 Boxes of the 20 gauge from Powder Valley and already had 7 boxes of the Federal TSS. My grandsons and I downed five longbeards with five shells this year. I hope to hunt with them long enough we run out of shells.

Ran across these shells while browsing. I know they are not TSS but look like they would do a number on turkeys.

Chris

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....h-3-inch-1-18-oz-number-6-shot-25-rounds
Posted By: EFHutton Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23
Originally Posted by hawkeye58

I am 65 and bought 10 Boxes of the 20 gauge from Powder Valley and already had 7 boxes of the Federal TSS. My grandsons and I downed five longbeards with five shells this year. I hope to hunt with them long enough we run out of shells.

Ran across these shells while browsing. I know they are not TSS but look like they would do a number on turkeys.

Chris

I believe you’re right , might give these a try
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23

Sounds familiar. Remember these times! Cause next thing you know, 15 shells can be considered a "lifetime" supply! Lol!

For sure. I’m savoring every minute. Right now have plans in 3 states next spring. Hoping to try to make a fourth and fifth happen but won’t know until closer to the season if I can make it happen or not. Spring of ‘24 will also be my son’s last at home before college. So want to make the most of it.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/23/23
Originally Posted by hawkeye58

Chris

Bismuth is not as dense as lead. You’d be handicapping yourself with Bismuth. Bismuth is non-toxic and denser than steel, which is why they are made as waterfowl loads
Posted By: Winnie70 Re: TSS SHELLS - 08/24/23
Originally Posted by humdinger
I have handloads of TSS 20 gauge that I use in a Stevens 301....will put 305 in 10" and 176 in 20". In my Remington 20 gauge Fieldmaster will put 299 in 10" and 189 in 20". Killed a 21 lb bird this spring at 58 yds with the Fieldmaster. These are Hal Abbot's loads here in N.C......he sells the TSS and save quiet a bit by handload once you get all the equipment.
© 24hourcampfire