Home
I was at my LGS today and saw that this gun, just obtained from an estate, has made it to the rack as of today. It's not even listed on their website yet. I picked it up and gave some thought to buying it, but it didn't speak to my soul, like some do, and whisper in the voice of a seductress, "Buy me. Buy me, b*tch." So I put it back. But IO know they are desireabe and this one is nearly perfect.

Just passing this along to anyone that might be interested. Priced a little high at $449, but scarcely a mark on it, and the bore is absolutely perfect. In fact, it looks new. Perfectly tight lockup.

If interested, you can buy it from Greentop Hunt and Fish. Contact them and they will arrange shipping to your FFL. Just call them and tell they have it on their used gun rack and that it's not on their website yet (though it may be soon).

https://www.greentophuntfish.com/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

10 ga?
I can feel the recoil from here
12 gauge. If it had been 10 gauge, I'd be showing you my new gun.
Greentop prices are higher than giraffe booty! I no longer see a need for anything larger than 20ga when turkey hunting with TSS.
People go out of their way for that camo pattern!
People pay Greentop's prices. They aren't out of line with Gunbroker prices. Their used guns are rarely on their rack more than a week or so.

Somehow, they tend to get a lot of clean H&Rs. They have an H&R Handi Rifle in .45-70 for the same price, $449, that looks like it was just made. It does have a Weaver scope base on it, though. I'm going back next Friday and I'm betting the Handi Rifle and the camo'd turkey gun are gone.
My son recently bought a nice Montana with a SWFA 10x on top there for $900. Guess it pays to look now and then.

I know one doesn’t have to shoot 3 1/2” shells in a gun simply because it can take them, but you just know someone is gonna try it. Bad Idea I’m thinking.
Cool gun. But an awful pretty penny for the camo pattern
. All in what a guy wants, for sure.
Every time I go by Greentop I stop in. Don't always buy something but I'm usually tempted.
For my next H&R, I am holding out for a Slug Hunter, 12g, with laminated stock.
I have one of those somewhere in a dark recess in the back of one of my safes!!! Vaguely remember giving $80 or so for it used at an LGS back somewhere around '99 or 2000. Fired exactly ONE 3.5" shell from it and it was one of the worst kicking guns I have ever fired including the big bore safari rifles I have shot!!!! Actually did kill a turkey with it back then using a 3" shell I believe. That was right around the time I really began buying guns so I was pushed to the back of one of the safes and probably hasnt seen daylight since!!! Kind of makes me want to go dig for it!!!
Those 3 1/2" 12 gauge and 10 gauge loads have as much or more recoil energy than many of the "elephant rifles."

Originally Posted by 10Glocks
For my next H&R, I am holding out for a Slug Hunter, 12g, with laminated stock.

Next best thing. Went there today and found this 20 gauge, looking brand new, perfect bore, no wear marks at all. Even the recoil pad looks brand new with some flashing still on it. Under $300. Scarcely a mark on it. Picked up some Remington Accutips to put through it.

IMO, that's better than the 12ga. Now get it rechambered for 3-1/2" and get the special, propriety, 3-1/2" 20ga slugs!
IMO, that's better than the 12ga. Now get it rechambered for 3-1/2" and get the special, propriety, 3-1/2" 20ga slugs!

Forgot to add, congrats! FWIW, I like it!
Lol! Sorry about the double post!
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

I'm already in love with it. I can't wait to get it to the range and then hunt with it. It's just way too handy. Those Accutips will have more than double the energy of a 240 grain .44 Magnum round at 75 yards.
Good luck with that. My cousin bought a 12ga one years ago for about $150 and spent as much more trying to find a slug it liked. Finally gave up.

I remind him of it as needed…..
No reason it won't shoot something well. I'll start with the Remingtons. If not, all the major brands are available now, unlike last year.
Cool looking rig, I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Pretty sweet pick up
Mine does very well with the IC .660 and the 2.75" load of TSS straight 8s.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
tempting gun.

I like that pattern
I came across a pristine, except for a hairline scratch on the stock, H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12 gauge today at Green Top Hunt and Fish in Richmond. They were asking $600 for it. And for a single shot, that was one crazy heavy gun. That's a thick barrel. I just couldn't do it.
© 24hourcampfire