Posted By: Tim_in_TN #2 - 04/06/07
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: biglmbass Re: #2 - 04/06/07
Nice bird, Tim.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: #2 - 04/06/07
Awesome bird, Tim! Did you break in the SP-10 this time?
Posted By: pullit Re: #2 - 04/06/07
Looks like the season is being good to you. Is that a Tn bird or a Ms bird? what did it weigh?
Posted By: Tim_in_TN Re: #2 - 04/06/07
I went to the range yesterday to remove the Nikon Dot sight from the Supermag 870 and replace it with a Nikon Monarch 1.5x4.5 camo. I took it this morning just cause. The spring for the SP 10 has me wanting to take it now with the great trigger it has now.

pullit, This is a TN bird. I didn`t weigh it but one feature of this tom is his spurs.

I never have seen needle pointed spurs on a bird anything like this one. They are charp as chitt.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: #2 - 04/06/07
You suck,28 degrees and flurries today.Good job!
Posted By: Tim_in_TN Re: #2 - 04/06/07
It was 38 when I got outa the truck this morning. Freeze warnings for tonite.
Posted By: vexter Re: #2 - 04/07/07
Very nice bird. Congrats. Hopefully I'll be able to get one this weekend. grin
Posted By: pullit Re: #2 - 04/07/07
Tim
A buddy I was hunting with this past weekend killed a nice tom (see the thread "Success") His had spurs like that, sharp as needles!
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: #2 - 04/09/07
Tim, I hear ya on the sharp spurs!

My opening day bird had 1" spurs that were very sharp like your bird. He was laying and looking stone dead when I reached down to pick him up. That dang bird started flopping alittle and stuck me three times in the palm through my glove!!!

I've had em come alive and flop alittle bit many times after they appeared dead but, this was the first bird that actually punctured my skin with his spurs.

All healed up now and I'd gladly do it again any day.

We're headed out to TX for some Rios next week. I hope we get some good birds. Just talked to a relative that returned from TX last week, 2 of them went and killed 6 birds in two days. All spurs were in the 1-1/8 to 1-3/8 range.

Good Luck

Reloader7RM
Posted By: Tim_in_TN Re: #2 - 04/09/07
Sounds like you are getting after them pretty good. I can`t imagine this bird doing the death dance in my hand with those hooks. I made sure he had done all his flopping before I took hold of him.
Posted By: pullit Re: #2 - 04/10/07
I am with you Tim. First bird I ever killed got me, he had about 7/8" spurs and not as sharp as the one you killed but they still hurt like heck.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: #2 - 04/12/07
WOW Tim. Those are some SHARP Spurs. Nice bird. Congrats.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire