Home
I had a stellar year this '08 season and give credit to "God" and the ability to have some fine turkey woods... Birds are from either Georgia or Alabama (I live basically on the line and have areas to hunt in both states)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk
I had a stellar year this '08 season and give credit to "God"

He's the only reason I have all the game animals I got.
Congrats on the great season.....all I got was a jake...but I'm not complaining, he tasted great! grin
Nice photo with the 2 birds and the shotgun in the middle. I agree ! 2008 was my best season for TOM. In 7 years, I've managed to take 4 birds. The other 3 years without a bird was because they were just henned-up and couldn't get them to commit.
08 was special because he weighed 20 1/2 lbs, 9" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

Ken
my Son's little place, just north of town, is over run with birds this year. Turkey season is near.
2007 was the worst year I'd had in over 25 years of chasing gobblers in S.E. Okla.
2008 was worse than 07 by quite a bit.
I ended up killing 2 good gobblers on the last 3 days of season. But thats after hunting almost every day of a season that lasts a month.
State Game Biologist I spoke with said that turkey numbers were down due to 2 consecutive summer droughts which did away with a lot of protein (bugs) that young turkeys depend on to survive. This summer has been wet and we had a good hatch so hopefully things are on a upswing here.
Nice birds D2D!
© 24hourcampfire