Home
I just finished up my son's turkey fan mount and I wanted to show it off. This is the first attempt I've made at any kind of "taxidermy" if you call a fan mount that. I actually watched a youtube video and it was pretty easy.

I like looking at other people's handy work so if you have a mount you want to share, please post one.

Thanks guys and gals!!
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
nice job
Thanks fat daddy!
I don't know how to resize so here is a link to my taxidermist site and mine is the 5 bird pyramid down the page a bit
http://www.naturesowntaxidermy.com/turkeys.html
Originally Posted by BradB
I don't know how to resize so here is a link to my taxidermist site and mine is the 5 bird pyramid down the page a bit
http://www.naturesowntaxidermy.com/turkeys.html

Wow! that's an impressive display!! I LOVE IT! You must be single or have an understanding wife as there is no way my wife would give me that much space in our house!! crazy
Eastern
[Linked Image]

Merriams
[Linked Image]

Rio
[Linked Image]

Osceola
[Linked Image]

Down the hallway
[Linked Image]
Impressive...
Nice looking stuff, here's one of a 24.5# bird my wife shot a couple of years ago.

rudyc

[Linked Image]
those are all good looking fan , here is a few of mine
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
those are all good looking fan , here is a few of mine
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Wow, all great mounts everyone!! I hope to have the slam one of these day!!
I'm not handy enough to do my own mount so I took this 27# Tom with 11" beard and 1 9/16 spurs to the taxidermist last spring. I just got it back last month and I'm very happy with it.

I shot him with a 12ga flintlock fowler.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Great Tom Ron, Nice to see the old shop again! hope ya get another one this year!
I got this big old boy the first day with the flintlock. Over 25# with an 11" beard. He's at the taxidermist gettin fixed up to join his daddy hanging on the wall.. grin

[Linked Image]
Here are a few of mine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWL99
I got this big old boy the first day with the flintlock. Over 25# with an 11" beard. He's at the taxidermist gettin fixed up to join his daddy hanging on the wall.. grin

[Linked Image]

That looks like a hell of a bird! What does he have for spurs? What part of the state are you hunting?
I hunt the middle of the state, His spurs were 1 1/2 and a 1 7/16"

This picture is of last years birds spurs which were 1 7/16 and 1 9/16. I didn't get a close up pic of this years birds spurs

[Linked Image]
Daum! Big hooks for sure. I hunted isabella county this year myself, near Weidman.
Very nice bird with some stellar hooks!!
well here's the fan mount from my son's bird he got on the youth hunt weekend last month.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire