Home
Posted By: Reloader7RM Big tom on cam.... - 03/03/14
Went out to check a couple food plot cams and had this big guy in full strut:
[Linked Image]

Less than 3 weeks to go....
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/03/14
Been seeing a lot of tom's out in the fields around here lately, ones and twos. I'll be in Kansas the week of April 9th for the opening events. Hopefully I'll have more than one morning to hunt this year, unlike last year.
Posted By: Ebby Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/04/14
Damn. Nice bird. Great hooks it looks like and thick "neck tie" beard. Hope you get him! LA or TX?

Lee
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/04/14
La Lee. He's got some pretty white tips for an Eastern.

My nephew killed a big boy in the same area a couple years back during the youth hunt that had a very similar fan. We went out and scouted the eve before and got to see that big boy put on a show in a food plot for a while, then ended up killing him the next morn about 1/2mile away. That was the first tom he'd ever seen at 7yo and to actually kill him the next day was a shocker.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/04/14
I hope my Dad get's this big boy. We'll probably set up a blind along the plot for him to sit in.
Posted By: m_gallopavo Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/05/14
I was gonna guess rio until I saw the pine trees in the background. Beautiful turkey I hope your dad gets him.
Posted By: Bill_N Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/05/14
We're starting to see them out in the fields around here too. Buddy sent me a pic of 12 toms in a corn field across the street from one of our spots.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/06/14
Megatron! Hope to see some trophy pics of that old boss once turkey season starts.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Big tom on cam.... - 03/16/14
He looks tasty...
© 24hourcampfire