Home
For you Colorado turkey hunters who may want or need a pref point for next year's draw, the fall Turkey permit applications are now being accepted. I just applied for a pref point myself, to use in the next spring season's draw. In CO, you can now take two toms in the spring hunt, one with a draw license and one with an OTC license. Great opportunity.
Sent mine in today. I killed 2 this spring. I drew the Bosque de Oro tag & OTC tag. Both were nice gobblers. Bob
Pretty funny how DPW repacked the turkey points. Instead of drawing a tag in say, 4 years with 4 points, you draw the same tag in 4 years with, yep, 8 points!!

Genius, for what I'm not sure, just some office dumbass dreaming up a new way to make everybody feel good.
taz----it is because you can get 2 points every year for turkeys. 1 in the spring draw & 1 in the fall draw. I will not hunt a fall turkey but I apply for the point. It takes 5 points to draw in the unit I apply for in the spring. So every 3 years I should get an extra tag.
© 24hourcampfire