Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge NY Tom Finally - 05/23/17
I busted this bird opening day May 1st (shot at him in a wheat field but was farther than I guesstimated)
Waited a a day and went back 2 more times and nobody home I'd busted him out to parts unknown. Went back Sunday and he moved back into the area. We talked the talk and played the game for 35 minutes but he wouldn't come and wandered off with a hen.
Today it all came together I had a good idea where he'd be roosting.... It was a symphony birds everywhere this morning three different Toms gobbling all three came in, 5 hens roosted right in front of me had them cutting and going ballistic
Two strutted came in and the hens all flew down and landed 30 yds from me
I had them all charged up

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: NY Tom Finally - 05/23/17
Congrats!
Posted By: colorado bob Re: NY Tom Finally - 05/23/17
That's a good one, Dan----conglads
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: NY Tom Finally - 05/23/17
Nice going Dan!

I killed a jake this morning, my 4th day out this season. Busy with family issues and work, along with lousy weather has kept me out of the game. My hunt was a good one today....exciting enough to make him more than worthy.

Good luck with the rest of your season......
Posted By: WillARights Re: NY Tom Finally - 05/23/17
Good going Dan.

Being accustomed to having single birds come in gobbling, and then to have more than one come along just blowin up the woods is really a rush. I've gotten caught just watching a few times.

A real good show.
© 24hourcampfire