Home
Took my Mossberg 935 to the range today to sight in the JPoint red dot and try out some of my old, and new, turkey loads, including Winchester's Long Beard LR 12 gauge, 3.5" shotshells with No. 6 shot. Choke is a Primos Jelly Head.
Shot all of my test loads at a 30 yard target distance. This Winchester stuff beats all of my other loads hands down, in terms of pattern density and uniformity. Can't wait to launch one at a big tom this spring!

[Linked Image]
That jelly head is .695 if I remember right . Btdt.

Try a truglo strut stopper extreme. 670. Btdt
Stepped down progressive choke with parallel anti rotation
grooves to decrease wad rotation

You will get at 260,s in 10" @ 40yds easy.

40 bucks well spent...

Don't buy the gobble stopper

I spent upwards of 500 bucks about 12-15 yrs ago
Doing choke and shellology experiments.

835 and 935 are basically same over bore design
Except for gas system requirements on 935

Truglo strut stopper extreme is a very good choke

That is still a good killing pattern you have with that combo

Long beard 3.5 #6 2 oz rocks...
Specially when ya can get em on sale around 18 bucks for box of 10, at end of season clearance.
From the center of the pattern, I count 282 pellet hits inside a 10" circle, at 30 yards- I can live with that! I have killed turkeys with far less pattern density than this in the past.
BTW- Winchester has an interesting app, called Pattern Board, which compares different loads at different ranges. My pattern density falls right in range with what Winchester shows for .680-.700 choke constrictions (mine is .690) at 30 yards, for both their LR and LR Magnum shotshell loads.
Here’s mine.
35 yds #5
Benelli sbe3 Jeb’s Headhunter
[Linked Image]
Tom, that is an amazingly tight pattern! Did you do anything to the forcing cone?

I prefer the 3" #6 shells in LB with the TruGlo SSX choke. Very powerful medicine. Can vouch for them out to 55 yards.
Haven’t touched anything.
Just choke and long beard shells is all.
© 24hourcampfire