Home
Posted By: gunnut308 Yard Sale Box Call Score! - 03/10/19
I was headed to work one morning, driving and sipping coffee. When I rounded the curve I saw a “yard sale” sign. I glanced over and there was a camo jacket hanging on the rack so I whipped over to investigate. Found these hiding down in a box of camo gloves and caps.

Just noticed that the Quaker Boy is signed, numbered and dated. I’m starting to wake up at 2a thinking about chasing them goofy birds... crazy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Yard Sale Box Call Score! - 03/10/19
I have the same Quaker Boy that I bought new. What kind of value is on that one? I don't use it much since I have other box calls that I prefer.

Great score BTW
I have that same model Quaker Boy too, it is my "go to" call though. I had the Lynch too but gave it to a friend as I didn't care for it's tone. She has taken three birds in 4 years using it- needless to say it is her favorite.

I look for hunting equipment at every yard sale I pass. I bought many dozens of goose and duck decoys at them for cheap. Occasionally, one will find firearms at decent prices though that is not as common.
Sako- I haven’t looked around to see what kind of money they are fetching. My favorite Box Calls are made by a local fella. He makes some really nice callers from cedar, walnut, Purple Heart, etc.
Posted By: shootem Re: Yard Sale Box Call Score! - 03/10/19
Have not hunted turkey nearly enough in the past 20 years but got started back a couple seasons ago. What I carry to the woods is a couple of mouth calls and a Paul's Calls field model with mahogany body and black walnut bottom and striker. Had it made back around '95 or so. What sold me on having one made was standing in front of Albert Paul while he had an entire turkey conversation with himself. It was like listening to Chet Atkins play guitar; made the difficult seem natural. Check out the link. When I ordered mine they were in Kosciusko, MS but apparently have moved.

Paul's Calls
Posted By: gaswamp Re: Yard Sale Box Call Score! - 03/16/19
well how good was the deal?
Posted By: dale06 Re: Yard Sale Box Call Score! - 03/29/19
I’ve had a Lynch foolproof since the mid 70s.
Always has been an effective call.

...Holy Chizzle!

...SCORE!!

Happy for your luck. That Lynch looks like its seen some use.

Now go forth and slay.

Good luck!
© 24hourcampfire