Home
I'm not a big fall turkey kinda guy but every October when we close our cabin for the winter I try to spend a morning sneaking around the farm looking for grouse and possibly something bigger. The gun was my FIL's pheasant gun from the 50's when he was in college. I've killed a couple hens and jakes in the past but I've usually let the Toms go as I love to hunt them in the spring. I've always said though if I got the chance with the old man's gun and some old black powder 8's that I would like to take one more fall longbeard. This morning everything fell into place and the hunting gods were on my side.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Well done !! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Good job.
Not sure how you got it done without a magnum load of TSS.

Good going.

Need to get out with the shotgun again. Usually have a bow in hand the full month of October.
Very nice.. Fall hunting is my favorite... It is hunting, not calling...
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Very nice.. Fall hunting is my favorite... It is hunting, not calling...

Maybe a bit of both. I also enjoy the fall hunt.
That’s awesome. Congratulations
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Not sure how you got it done without a magnum load of TSS.

Good going.

Need to get out with the shotgun again. Usually have a bow in hand the full month of October.

Right? I've killed turkeys with everything but a 28, and that's only because I've never owned one. Killed one about 100 yards from this one a couple springs ago with the 410. That was fun too.
That's great, nice Tom. To get it with your Fathers shotgun makes it a special trophy. I to like to hunt turkeys in fall. When our season opens next week, I hope to see a big tom like that, mostly hens and jakes this time of the year.
Nice ! Is that an LC Smith double?
It’s a Baker Batavia Special. I live about 20 miles from where it was made. Best I can find online says it was made between 1909 and 1930 when they went out of business so she’s around 100 year old gun.
Outstanding and a great bird
Nice !!,Did you bust a flock or call? What was the scenario.
Nice, a great bird!
© 24hourcampfire