Home
I bought a Savage Model 10 bolt rifle in 260 Rem from a relative a few years ago. It shoots good but doesn't throw the case out of the magazine when I work the bolt. It seems the ejector spring needs replaced. Does anyone have advice on whether to get just the spring or should I get a kit with other parts while I'm at it?
The You-Tube videos show me that it's not hard to replace. Just wonder if I should be replacing more than just the ejector spring.
Thanks for your replies in advance.
This Forum is heavy on 1899/99's and very little on bolts. I would advise to ask your question in the Gunsmithing Forum here on the 24.

I was curious about your question so Googled "savage model 10 ejection problems". I found that you are not the only one with the problem. You might read through some of those replies and see if they help.
Originally Posted by StuckInOhio
I bought a Savage Model 10 bolt rifle in 260 Rem from a relative a few years ago. It shoots good but doesn't throw the case out of the magazine when I work the bolt. It seems the ejector spring needs replaced. Does anyone have advice on whether to get just the spring or should I get a kit with other parts while I'm at it?
The You-Tube videos show me that it's not hard to replace. Just wonder if I should be replacing more than just the ejector spring.
Thanks for your replies in advance.

Get the kit. Take it apart and reassemble inside a plastic bag. I have no idea how I found the stupid spring.
© 24hourcampfire