Home
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Savage 99 scope mount - 11/04/20
Hello all, newbie here ! I'm a collector of savage arms and am currently in search of a no-drill scope mount for a 99 chambered in 300 savage. Hopefully you guys could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance !
Posted By: hanco Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/04/20
I think Lightfoot makes one.
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/04/20
What is the best way to contact, does he have a website ?
Posted By: Polecat Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/04/20
This is his on his signature line, I bet you can get him at that email add.
"For info on my no-drill custom scope mount send an email to: [email protected]."

Lee
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/05/20
Yup, that's the one. Bit of a backlog all of a sudden. Hey! it's time to go huntin', better get a mount. grin
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/05/20
Thanks for the fast replies ! I'll get ya a email sent lightfoot yes deer season is upon us !
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/05/20
Thanks for the fast replies ! I'll get ya a email sent lightfoot yes deer season is upon us !
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/05/20
He makes a great mount!
Posted By: Savage94C Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/06/20
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
He makes a great mount!

You won't be disappointed with Lightfoots mount that he makes. Ifin they were being made back when the Stithes were being made and sold, Lightfoots would have given them alot of competition IMO. In many respects I think they're better. Fifty years from now they'll be collector items.
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
I mounted one of Mike's no-drill Savage mounts on my 1940 S99 .300 savage EG today.

I topped it off with an old Leupold M8 4X I had sitting around (its a little nicked up scope but perfect glass)

Before this, I had a Marbles tang peep sight and the rifle was pretty accurate out to 100 yards with the peep, about 2" MOA. I should be able to tighten that group up now and bring it out to 200 yards now,eh? Most of my shots in Montana for deer have been in the 100 to 200 yard range.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[img]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
Just beautiful!!

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: damnesia Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
Mike, have you considered making a video of the process of making them? I think it'd be interesting. However I'm sure you have better things to do smile
Yes, I have daydreamed about recording the process steps. As soon as the orders slow down... grin
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
I mounted one of Mike's no-drill Savage mounts on my 1940 S99 .300 savage EG today.

I topped it off with an old Leupold M8 4X I had sitting around (its a little nicked up scope but perfect glass)

Before this, I had a Marbles tang peep sight and the rifle was pretty accurate out to 100 yards with the peep, about 2" MOA. I should be able to tighten that group up now and bring it out to 200 yards now,eh? Most of my shots in Montana for deer have been in the 100 to 200 yard range.

[img]

What height and make are those rings?
Leopold standard 1" rings
Leopold standard 1" rings

Medium or low?
Edit: Medium I believe. I've was gifted them. See lightfoot reply below.
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Just beautiful!!

Thanks for posting!

Thank YOU!
Take a look at my rings, they look identical to the photo you sent me in correspondence. Are these low or medium Leupold rings? I don't know what I have, they were gifted to me.
The rings are medium for sure - or higher.
Posted By: Jaaack Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
By all means, record the process, but don’t publish it. Don’t screw up your business. Sell the video when you decide to “retire” from producing them.
Actually I'd like to share the process with someone else so they could take some of the pressure off and start building them too. I retired 10 years ago but setting around is not for me. With the demand this gets to be a job instead of a hobby though.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
Unfortunately I don't weld. My father did like nobody's business but I didn't get that gene. Looking for other makers could possibly be a forum effort. Just a thought.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/07/20
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Actually I'd like to share the process with someone else so they could take some of the pressure off and start building them too. I retired 10 years ago but setting around is not for me. With the demand this gets to be a job instead of a hobby though.

Don't worry Mike, when the Chinese get wind of it they'll start making them and put you out of business. That happened to a friend of mine that invented an LED flashlite early on.
Posted By: KiloCharlie Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 11/13/20

[img]

I've had two late-forties EG's that would group MOA on a good day. You should have no problem menacing deer out to 300 yards.
I'm just awaiting delivery of a very nice EG myself; I'm hoping history repeats. Now if the deer would just move into my region!
Posted By: Muskyhtr Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 12/21/20
Does anyone know how to reach mr. Lightfoot? Found him on ebay looking for a no drill mount, but ebay won't let him pass along his contact info. He suggested a google search, but all I found were forms with his name... Thanks guys, appreciate any help.... Really hoping to get my 99 back in the woods!!!
Posted By: damnesia Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 12/21/20
He's lightfoot on this forum but I'm not sure you can PM him with such a low message count. I'm sure he'll be along soon.
Posted By: Jaaack Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 12/21/20
Try: [email protected]
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
Hey all just wanted to follow up on that lightfoot mount and echo what others have said. It is SWEET to say the least ! I finally got my pieces together and got a weaver 2-7x28 on my 300 and it works great ! Thanks much for the great work lightfoot !
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
Great to hear. If you use it for hunting, be sure to bring a couple pictures back to share.
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
Will do Calhoun ! I tried to find instructions on loading pictures earlier maybe I'm too blind to find em 🙃
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
If you go to the list of Forums, there's an Image Forum towards the bottom where you can upload full sized pictures into a post. Then just come here and tell us you uploaded them, we can link the pictures in.

Or use one of the online photo sharing sites (not photobucket), they make it pretty easy to upload pictures there and share them here. Something like Imgur.
Posted By: texken Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
Originally Posted by damnesia
Mike, have you considered making a video of the process of making them? I think it'd be interesting. However I'm sure you have better things to do smile

NO, don't need competion
Posted By: damnesia Re: Savage 99 scope mount - 03/10/21
Originally Posted by texken
Originally Posted by damnesia

NO, don't need competion

?
© 24hourcampfire