Home
I have had this kit for years and just did a check of all the parts. Kit instructions state 21 pieces and I only count 20. I am missing part #6 (spring). If anyone has one of these kits I'd appreciate a picture of this part. I suspect it is a flat type spring. I plan on listing it on Ebay but would be hard to sell if incomplete.Thanks, Tom
I read your post and thought, "Oh, I got this".

Dumps out parts. Studies part list.

Guess which part I'm missing also? LOL

Damn it.
My kit is still in the sealed cellophane hang bag. Can't check, sorry.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm missing the buttplate on mine !!! anyone got a spare ?? grin
Just put a recoil pad on it.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
My kit is still in the sealed cellophane hang bag. Can't check, sorry.

My cellophane bag is transparent.

Winchester 94?
Savage 99 Plastic Model Instructions

Originally Posted by Fireball2

Winchester 94?

SO I MADE A BOO BOO. I clicked the wrong one.
I tried.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCARCE-1-3-Scale-Vintage-Best-Plastics-Savage-99-Model-Kit-GUN-DISPLAY/324396335210?hash=item4b8787406a:g:OxoAAOSwX2pfw6lP

I gotta learn you how to post a link. Get rid of everything after the item number before you post.

I gotta learn you how to post a link. Get rid of everything after the item number before you post.

If you've been around computers for more than a little while you know that sometimes things just refuse to copy and paste right.
OK Mr. master of excuses.
OK Mr. master of excuses.

No excuses bud, I highlight it and copy it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. You found it, quitcher bitchin. grin
ah GFY. I found it by shortening what you posted and tried to teach you something
Yea, I'll try it.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yea, I'll try it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh I'd pay big bucks to see that. Oh wait I shot my wad a couple days ago so GFY quietly in private.
I don't really care if you wanna get worked up about my link. Is it that big a deal to you?
Another thread I'm sorry to have read.

Carry on...
I remember having the 99, the 94,and also a Mannlicher Schoenaeur. Anyone else have the MS?
I found it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
So what loads do y'all shoot out of those plastic guns?
Originally Posted by bigolddave
I remember having the 99, the 94,and also a Mannlicher Schoenaeur. Anyone else have the MS?

Yup , I've got them both also with the box and paperwork .

No M-S here .

What other models did they offer ?
Those are so cool!
I never saw them before. I'd love to see a M/S.
The 99 on Ebay is interesting! Just what I need another cool thing to chase around!
Roy, thanks for posting that picture, can you put a ruler next to it so I can get an idea as to size. I appreciate your time and effort and I know you have other things to do. Tom
Best Plastics Miniature Rifle Kits
Best Plastics Miniature Savage 99 Rifle

Well, the spring is not what I thought it would look like. I would have overlooked it had there not been a 3/4" round dot that stated "This is your spring".

It is a straight wire with a small curel at one end. It looks like the number "9" with a long straight leg.

Wire thickness = .013"
Overall length = .730"
Curel outside dia.= .135" with about 1 1/2 turns of wire
Those dimensions sound a lot like the full size 110 sear springs

[img]https://www.savageshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=622&d=1552021071&stc=1[/img]
Thanks Rick99 for taking the time to measure that spring. Looks pretty simple to make a replacement.
Originally Posted by JeffG
Those dimensions sound a lot like the full size 110 sear springs

[img]https://www.savageshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=622&d=1552021071&stc=1[/img]

I think it is much thinner wire, no leg off the top and the leg down is longer with a smaller curel/loop at top.

I was setting right here at the counter in the kitchen when I dropped a spring as pictured for that 110 from a 1st year production Hi-Standard ...never to be found. I did everything but take the baseboards off. frown
Just curious, when were those plastic replica's on the market for sale. Looking a the advert TomA posted, my guess would be mid 50's to early 60's. My thing back then was a double holster filled with Roy Rogers genuine nickel plated looking alloy 45 Colts and a 94 Winchester--both roll cap shooters. Had alot of battles with bad guys and Indians with those. Still have one of the 45 Colts I found one time in one of my Dads farm machine sheds around 20 yrs ago, looks like its 150 years old.

Had a colonial looking flintlock, well kinda. A cousin and I took around five foot lengths of pipe, lashed them onto as near as we could design flinter looking stock, screwed a latch of some kind on the right side for a lock, and even fashioned a plastic tube to hold a wooden rod to use as a ramrod under the barrel, and Wha-Laa----a genuine flint rifle. Played alot of Davey Crocket, Daniel Boone, and Revolutionary War skirmishes with those. Even had some other cousins over at times wearing a couple of old red coats to be British (Red Coat) soldiers. Ahhhh-was alot of fun. Didn't need smart phones, digital games, and all of the other crap kids 'think' they need today.
I had/have a pair of Nichols Stallion 38 Toy Cap Guns and a double holster. That's how I learned I was a left handed pistol shooter. grin
Originally Posted by olgrouser
Another thread I'm sorry to have read.

Carry on...

me too
© 24hourcampfire