Home
Posted By: lwr308 question on 1953 model 99 EG - 01/31/21
Were all of the Buttplates Steel Curved and had the Logo on the plate.
Thanking you for your time and help
They were curved and serrated but no logo.
thanks, have wondered about that
Thanks again. Appreciate the help.
Lwr308
Don’t know exactly when the last logo buttplate was installed, but no logos on buttplate made after WWII.
i have a 99EG that was shipped in 1952 as per letter from factory that has the Savage logo and scroll on buttplate.
Originally Posted by northernmn
i have a 99EG that was shipped in 1952 as per letter from factory that has the Savage logo and scroll on buttplate.

The highest EG that I've seen with a logo'd buttplate was 4300xx.
On Rs 412xxx was logo'd, 442xxx was not. I have no data on RSs around this range.
None of the RTs I've seen had logo'd buttplates (430xxx-432xxx range)

Does the assembly code on the buttplate match the code on the left side of the lower tang, the buttstock and the forearm. If it's from the 30's or 40's it will have a 6 digit serial number stamped on it.
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Does the assembly code on the buttplate match the code on the left side of the lower tang, the buttstock and the forearm. If it's from the 30's or 40's it will have a 6 digit serial number stamped on it.

NorthernMN, I believe wyo1895's question is for you.
I have tried to take pictures of the logo but they do not come thru very clear, i will try again and post today.
Originally Posted by northernmn
I have tried to take pictures of the logo but they do not come thru very clear, i will try again and post today.

Check for the numbers under the butt plate, that will tell. If they match the other parts, factory, if not replacement. Although I have a 1919 250-3000 that the butt stock numbers are a little off of the serial number. I have two letters stating that no rifle ever left the factory with the butt stock number, and all the other numbers match the serial, so the consensus is they were factory.
© 24hourcampfire