Home
Posted By: triple_deuce O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
I know where one is for sale but have no clue on where they are priced. A few of you guys have them so i am just curious. It appears to be in nice condition. I will try to post some pics. Thanks

Joe
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15808147/savage-washer
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
I understand they make for nice coolers for icing down beer.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Woo, what is the caliber and does it have a accutrigger?
Posted By: JeffG Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Maybe we can all chip in,then drop it off on some dead-end road in Noxen?
Posted By: kdog Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Copper or nickel ?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21

Piece de resistance of an advanced Savage collection.
If the price was reasonable and I had a place to put it I’d buy it.
Posted By: S99VG Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Ya gotta find the lawn mower to go with it!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
And the exercise machine!
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Originally Posted by kdog
Copper or nickel ?

Appears to be copper.

Joe
Posted By: kdog Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Anywhere from 50 bucks to 200
Posted By: dsr1935 Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
I have the washer (shell only) which I bought at a flea market 35 years ago. Paid maybe $10. I passed up a complete one in working condition. Several hundred dollars and no space to put it. Also have one mower, push type. they made at least 2 power driven.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
I've seen a washer (complete) and a lawnmower (power) in my travels over the years. I passed on the mower but could not make the actual auction to bid on the washer at an estate sale. I heard it went for $150.It was in really nice shape and all copper IIRC.
Posted By: GeneB Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Savage made a lot of different model mowers, looking through a catalog I have they had four push type, two different width powered reel type, four different powered rotary type which included both four and two stroke gas and an electric that required using a long cord.

They also made a couple different riders, one looked normal, this one didn't - riding mower, probably a real screamer...

some more
Posted By: 99guy Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/19/21
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
I know where one is for sale but have no clue on where they are priced.

Joe

If you want it you will probably have to give what they want for it. You will probably never see another. wink

grin
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
Originally Posted by kdog
Copper or nickel ?

Appears to be copper.
Joe

Then you better not buy it; some meth head will steal it. wink
Posted By: Loggah Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
You guys are a bunch of cheapscates !!!!! grin back in the 1920's they sold for $150 !!!!! crazy crazy Heres a savage reel mower on a savage washing machine.

[Linked Image from pbase.com]
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
Wow! You could buy a new Ford for under $300.

The Old Lady: "Honey, my hands are getting chapped from hand warshing your dirty clothes. Could you please buy me one of those Savage warshers?"

Me: "Get yer butt back down to the crick."

Yet another reason I lead a bachelor's life.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
I like that 3 wheeler. I wouldn't mind having a washing machine. It would fit in my man cave just fine. I suspect the one the OP is talking about is in Pa. and the shipping to Wy would be outrageous.
Heres he invoice to my savage washing machine.

[Linked Image from pbase.com]
Posted By: 99guy Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
That was a crazy number when you think about it.

How many G's could you have bought in 1924 for $94.50?

I bet the margins on washing machines was like 5x any of the guns they were producing.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by 99guy

1.8 99G's for $94.50. grin

The 99G was list at $51.
Posted By: 99guy Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by Calhoun

1.8 99G's for $94.50. grin

The 99G was list at $51.

I bet you could have bought a matching pair. Nobody has ever sold a gun for list price. grin
The original price was $150, I wonder what they did,or traded to get such a large discount? Its pretty obvious only the well off could afford a savage washer. grin
Originally Posted by Loggah
The original price was $150, I wonder what they did,or traded to get such a large discount? Its pretty obvious only the well off could afford a savage washer. grin

I think wholesale prices were about 25% off for 99's, doing 30% on washers wouldn't surprise me. But doing 37% is more than I'd expect.
I bet you could have bought a matching pair. Nobody has ever sold a gun for list price. grin

Actually, the dealers had to sell it for list price or HIGHER if they wanted to continue ordering guns from Savage. Part of the dealer contract was to not sell Savage rifles below the retail price set by Savage, though they could sell it for more if they wanted to. Pricing practices has changed a bit since then.

I think their intent was to prevent dealers from getting into a price war with Savage products, each marking them down lower and lower until the expectation was that you could get one for almost wholesale price.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/21/21

Lots of things, even today, where the dealer in unable to price and/or sell the item for less than the msrp.
Posted By: 99guy Re: O/T Savage Washer - 02/21/21
I doubt they sent the Savage police to every single hardware store in the United States and made sure no Savages were sold under list. The retailers weren't going weren't going to cook them and eat them if they didn't move. Paid inventory has to move, it can't sit indefinitely. If Savage tried to strong arm them all they had to do was call Winchester, Marlin and Remington. All manufactures of all products try to keep the retail price up, but when push comes to shove, they can say you have to do this and do that, but in reality they have no leverage in a competitive market. Been there. At then end of the day Savage, like any company, can only control the wholesale price. Microeconomics hasn't change that much in the last 100 years.

Just sayin....
© 24hourcampfire