Home
Posted By: wyo1895 new book - 04/14/21
I am wrapping up the new book. I need phot release forms from Roger McManimon and Daniel McCune. It you guys will email me at [email protected] I'll email the forms to you. Thanks, David
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/14/21
The book is wrapped and going to the publisher tomorrow.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: new book - 04/14/21
will you sleep better tonight David?
Posted By: JeffG Re: new book - 04/15/21
Another truly dedicated effort, Thank You David!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: new book - 04/15/21
Congrats!
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: new book - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by wyo1895
The book is wrapped and going to the publisher tomorrow.

You have left an indelible mark in the history of the Savage Arms.
Bill West, James Carr, Daniel Stern, Douglas Murray, Bailey Brower & David Royal. Quite a group of Savage aficionados.
Congrats David!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: new book - 04/15/21

A Labor of Love.
Well done David.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/15/21
Thanks guys, yes, I will sleep better. A lot of thoughts run through my head day in and day out when I working on something like that. Now I can get to work in earnest on the 34 Ford. That will keep me awake some too. I always need a project or two or three. I get bored easily. The house needs more work. Houses always do need more work. I've been putting off loading some more ammo, etc., etc. And I need to do my taxes. Now I'm getting depressed.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: new book - 04/15/21
Taxes rant...the fed and state moved the due date out a month but left the 1st quarterly payment as April 15th!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/15/21
you don't expect fairness from the gub mint?
The manuscript is now winging its way via FedEx to Pennsylvania. YAHOOOO! I emailed the publisher the info and asked when it might be available. Hopefully I'll get that info soon.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: new book - 04/15/21
I was wondering about the format of what you were actually submitting to the publisher. Sounds like it is an actual hard copy? I would have expected an electronic file submission. Or is it both??
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: new book - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
I was wondering about the format of what you were actually submitting to the publisher. Sounds like it is an actual hard copy? I would have expected an electronic file submission. Or is it both??

Yea, it's a hard copy. Very hard. Trying a new format. May need a larger coffee table. Headsup......... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: new book - 04/15/21
David, is this the start of a back and forth editing process where they make suggestions and send it back to you, or is it all finished and print ready?
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/16/21
I submitted a hard copy of the text and captions for the figures which they want for some reason. Everything is also on a thumb drive including a lot of falderal that they require. They said don't send it electronically.
They returned the last book for corrections twice I think. They have changed a lot of their procedures since the last book so I'm not sure what to expect. I haven't heard anything back about when it might be finished.
Now I can get to work on the 34 in earnest.
Posted By: Centennial Re: new book - 04/16/21
Congratulations David, seriously, congratulations.
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: new book - 04/16/21
Thanks David lots of hard work much appreciated. now you can get to work on that 34 FORD
Posted By: Rick99 Re: new book - 04/16/21
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AjVlkrGgB4ociZxXHCminAjw22dNNQ
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/17/21
If you slow down, you atrophy and die.
I got the frame cut away and mocked up the hydraulic brake and clutch assembly yesterday. will work on the cutouts in the frame to clear the rear axel today. This is necessary since the car will be lower than stock.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: new book - 04/17/21
Sounds good with the book. All the best David on all of your work! On your 34 Ford too!!!
Posted By: ROMAC Re: new book - 04/18/21
Dave,

I sent you an email for the release.

I never got a response.

Look in you PM's for my email address.

Roger
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: new book - 04/18/21
The email is there. I missed it some how. Made some good progress on the 34 yesterday. will be back at it in a little while after I get back from my 2 mile walk.
© 24hourcampfire