Home
Posted By: Calhoun Weaver T7 ad - 08/12/21
Weaver ad out of the 1939 Stoeger catalog. I think if you're wondering if your Weaver T7 side mount was factory installed, it would look like this.

Interesting comment here: "The scope can be placed in actual contact with the receiver.".

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]
Posted By: 99guy Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
Have we ever determined for sure that any of these T-7's were actually installed in Utica before they left the factory?

Drew had an RS with a T-7 so crispy that the mounting screws were case colored. Even the 7/8" sling looked right.

I haven't heard form Drew in several years. I wonder where that gun is now? I tried to buy that gun but he wouldn't part with it.

If that gun turned up now people would lose their minds.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
I'd a 99 with a t7, with scope or without, condition/model/etc doesn't matter. Let me know.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
The factory advertised Weaver T7’s and a couple different scopes. I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t drill the holes themselves at the factory, that would have been child’s play to them.

I’ve got a couple 99’s with T-7’s. I kind of like them.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
Me too. I've been looking for one drilled for a t7 for a while now. I'd actually prefer one that wasn't factory. @calhoun, you want to part with one?
Well, looks like I have a 300 RS, a 250 R, a minty EG, and a 300 G all drilled for T-7’s. I need to hold the G, I might be willing let that one go. 1936 99G with studs.. but it is pretty nice if you like guns that were set up for hunting.

The scope has been moved, but the T7 is still on it.

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352364456237

These Screws can be hard to find. This set has been on ebay for a while if anyone is in need.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
Looks like one used and one unused.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352364456237

These Screws can be hard to find. This set has been on ebay for a while if anyone is in need.

Not a bad price for a set. Too bad one is trashed though. Not a real set from the appearance.

I know a guy that has some nice ones. wink
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/13/21
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Weaver ad out of the 1939 Stoeger catalog. I think if you're wondering if your Weaver T7 side mount was factory installed, it would look like this.

Interesting comment here: "The scope can be placed in actual contact with the receiver.".

That is where I would expect it to be located and drilled with a jig. We have seen them covering screws, high and left, etc.

I think most were done when the serials were not being entered so know way to know for sure if factory or not.

Rory are any of yours close to the same location on the receiver?
Couple are. My 99G looks like it matches, snugged right up to the rear screw. Due to the fact it had a Weaver 440 rather than a 29-S, I'd think the chances of it being factory would be unlikely. But maybe they just swapped the 29-S scope out for a 440 in the 40's.

Posted By: 513JAKE Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
I’ve got a Pre-War R 250 that has a T7. The knurls are sharp and the screws are case colored. But, mine does not abut the rear screw. Go figure.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Posted By: 99guy Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
whistle

That is a handsome rifle.

I think there are enough of these rifles out there to make a strong case for factory work.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
The T7 ad is from Stoeger’s catalog. Anybody could buy the mount and a scope and have a gunsmith drill the rifle. So there are assuredly some factory rifles out there, but most are going to be aftermarket. I have a similar minty EG with immaculate mount and screws, but mounted too far back over the rear screw. So my EG is almost surely aftermarket.

Probably nothing ever logged for the factory ones.
Posted By: ctw Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
Should start looking at hole locations and comparisons, when we find several the same or identical locations those should be factory.

The above R if the front of the mount does not allow for the spindle screw to be removed probably is aftermarket?
Posted By: ctw Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
[Linked Image]

One I have stamped eg on the front, was planning to build a 35 rem on it who knows what will happen. I know there are two front screws.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
That would make a fine 35 Rem.

Just sayin.... grin
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/14/21
CTW's looks closer to the advertised picture than the others. Centered between the screw holes. After looking at 513jake's rifle, I think you would have to use a blank in the rear dovetail.
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Weaver T7 ad - 08/15/21
Well being a little "green" I haven't seen a side mount on a 99 until now....thank you all for feeding the addiction to all things savage !
© 24hourcampfire