Home
Two books sent directly from the printer have had problems. A hardback wasn't bound properly (some pages were half loose), and a paperback had half the pages offset downwards by half a page.

If anybody encounters a problem, let me know. We'll get you a fixed one.

No reported problems with the calendar so far. grin

No comments on the use of the term "Style" for variations of each model? I was expecting somebody to bring that up before now.. You're a quiet bunch.
If the calendars are featuring bikini-clad sweethearts holding fine lever guns, send me 25.
No.. sorry. No bikini clad ladies. I think that might not be a good idea for me to try if I want to stay happily married.

But feel free to send me pics, and I'll put the calendar together! grin
We need one of the least happily married to volunteer. LOL
I volunteer, but only if I'm the one to interview the candidates. I should think a minimum of five candidates for each month would be a minimum number. I'll let you know when and where, as soon as I buy some silk pajamas and a pipe.

As for "style" within model types*, I think you did good Rory. Artistic license is often necessary for the good of quantifying data, after all Murray took liberties with 1899 nomenclature.

* Hah!! Y'all thought I was referring to calendar babes.
Style appears in the early catalogs in reference to various configurations, so I thought it was a bit of a acknowledgement to Savage. And.. I couldn’t come up with a better name for variations of a model.

Version? Already taken with early and late 99A/C/F/R/RS/etc.
Sub-version? Ick.
Variation? Good.. But too long. And it starts with V, like version does. It’d be massively confusing to use notation like 99Rv1v2 rather than 99Rv1s2. grin
Release? Didn’t seem to apply considering many variations were never catalogued. How can something be a “Release” by the company when the company considers the change to not be worth updating the catalog? But it was my next choice.

I think Rick preferred Release… but he wouldn’t write the book. So he lost that discussion. grin
Style was the perfect choice. Let's move on to something important.

Good job Calhoun!!
Thanks, Mike!

I've put a PDF with known corrections to the book up on the sale page. LBK found another today, that I had the 99PE down as pressed checkering rather than cut checkering.

https://savagelevers.com/savage-pocket-reference-store/
you have a private message.
© 24hourcampfire