Home
Posted By: OLSKOOL 99 carbine - 10/20/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

just got this little 99 barrel band carbine in 30-30, it is slick and a nice one. the wood looks like it was redone but the blue is original except the butt plate., it have cold blued but looks right. it has all the case color on the lever. the bore is mint and it shoots great. but like all the carbines it shot high, i spent the last 2 days making a front sight for it that looks good. now it is dead on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99 carbine - 10/20/21
Very nice!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99 carbine - 10/20/21
Sure beats workin'!
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: 99 carbine - 10/20/21
sure dose!
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 99 carbine - 10/20/21
Very nice Model 99H!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: 99 carbine - 10/21/21
That's a beauty. I love the look of those old barrel banded models 😁
Posted By: JohnL Re: 99 carbine - 10/21/21
Very pretty! I have one in 250 Sav that I wouldn’t trade for anything.
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: 99 carbine - 10/21/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com] some of the case color,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: Joe Re: 99 carbine - 10/22/21
It sure hasn't been in the woods much! Great find looks new.
Posted By: bulkie_roll Re: 99 carbine - 10/22/21
Nothing shoulders like my 1933 H in 30-30 WCF ....

Does yours have the bent tab safety ?
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: 99 carbine - 10/23/21
bent tab safety ? it has the safety by the lever like all the old ones do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 99 carbine - 10/23/21
The bent tab safety is made differently from others. It has the appearance of being bent to shape rather than machined.
Posted By: iskra Re: 99 carbine - 10/23/21
My 99H barrel band edition with carbine butt plate, is '37-38 vintage; .250 Chambering. Ordinarily to post pix but my XL spreadsheet app cross index messed up and need to reload Office Suite app. My carbine looking exactly as in the O/P Post, but for... Stith No Drill scope mount & Lyman Alaskan Scope. Echoing an above Post comment, wouldn't part with it!
These were great little carbines and the latter "barrel band" sub-variation, for me a particular sweet spot!
Thanks for posting that beauty!
Best!
John
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: 99 carbine - 10/23/21
yep it looks like it is bent in an L shape,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 99 carbine - 10/24/21

Very vivid case on that lever
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99 carbine - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Very vivid case on that lever

Very...
Posted By: RAS Re: 99 carbine - 10/24/21
99Hs with the barrel band are the most unique of the gang. You can spot them immediately.

I am glad I seen this thread. It helped me figure out one of my picks for this year.
Posted By: OLSKOOL Re: 99 carbine - 10/24/21
i loaded up some mild cast and shot them in it Friday, it shoots them real good. on my old guns i like to keep the pressure low,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99 carbine - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by RAS
99Hs with the barrel band are the most unique of the gang. You can spot them immediately.

I am glad I seen this thread. It helped me figure out one of my picks for this year.

Made me think of taking out the 1912 SRC in 30-30. Only shot a few rounds through it since I got it.
© 24hourcampfire