Home
Posted By: J23 Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/20/22
Still on my quest to pick up my first 99, I found a potential candidate, which has been drilled and tapped for a Buehler base (included). After some research on here, I learned a bit about that particular setup.

Question is, the three drilled holes for the base (two fore-, one aft of the bolt), will those three holes line up with any other base? Say for instance, a one-piece Leupold, in the event that I can't find a proper set of Buehler rings, or that setup doesn't work for me.
Hole spacing varied across manufacturers prior to the factory establishing the standard. So, it's hard to say with authority.

I would think the Buehler would work just fine once you get rings.
Do you have a Buehler base with windage adjustment screws in the rear, like Leupold/Redfield turn-in bases or does it have an elevation adjustment in the rear in addition to the windage adjustment screws for use with scopes that don't have internal adjustments, like the B&L Balvar series?
Posted By: J23 Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Do you have a Buehler base with windage adjustment screws in the rear, like Leupold/Redfield turn-in bases or does it have an elevation adjustment in the rear in addition to the windage adjustment screws for use with scopes that don't have internal adjustments, like the B&L Balvar series?

Looks similar to a Leupold base. Windage in the rear. Nothing that looks like elevation adjustments.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/21/22
If you get the gun, I have a set of Buehler rings as you describe I'll sell you right cheap.
Posted By: J23 Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
If you get the gun, I have a set of Buehler rings as you describe I'll sell you right cheap.

Thank you Sir! I'll know by this time tomorrow.
I have Buehler rings and bases on my 99 EG 250 Savage I like them

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: J23 Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Well, I scored my first 99! Pics will be forthcoming of course.

If you don't mind, I may be taking you up on that Buehler ring offer.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/24/22
spacing on the Redfield base
between the front screws
[Linked Image]
spacing between the front screw and rear screw.
[Linked Image]
tag
Posted By: tmitch Re: Savage 99 Buehler Base... - 01/25/22
I have a set on a 99F with a Lyman 4x in keeping with the vintage theme

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire