Home
It has been since 2018 that we’ve held a Savage Fest.
I propose hosting in 2022 here in Sauk City, WI.
The previous Fests held here have been successes on all fronts, excellent turn out and participation of Savage Collector Forum members, enough Savage rifles, pistols, shotguns & memorabilia to boggle the mind and I didn’t break the bank putting it together.
We’ve had great regional turn outs including Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan & Wisconsin, plus Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Carolina, California, Wyoming, Hawaii and Skidrow came from somewhere in Appalachia and I may have missed some.
I’ll book the same venue and hotel as before.
I’ll provide enough tables for all and security for Friday and Saturday nights.
Setup will be Friday morning early followed by kickoff of Savage Fest.
Saturday will be Savage Fest all day including some raffle prizes which we donate and a team photo.
Sunday morning early will be tear down.
I’ll organize meals for all days and as before many have brought food, snacks, soda, etc. and pitched in where they could.
A few volunteers for setting up, tearing down, meal prep and other things will be worked out by then.
Friday & Saturday evenings are for some merry making at the hotel or an alternate place.
The date is not determined yet but will likely be around Labor Day depending upon what is available.
All Savage Collector Forum members, spouse, kids are welcome. Forum members can bring guests as before as well. All I require is a PM to assemble a guest list, get a head count and we can work that out later. No walk-ins will be allowed.
This a not for profit event with no admission fee. I’ve relied on donations from attendees to help cover costs and have not been disappointed.
So, food for thought now. PM me any questions or areas where you may volunteer or help.
If interested and/or think you can make it, feel free to chime in and we’ll make it happen.
More info to follow…

As before, I'll reserve table space for any day trippers that bring goods for display also.

Good on you, Rick! With doing the Rendezvous one weekend, a three day Schuetzen match the next weekend, driving to WI the third weekend won't likely happen. If circumstances change I'll let you know.
Yeah, a bunch of folks will be hitting the PA rendezous on August 19,20,21. Not sure how many campfire folks that is, I think most are Facebook guys. But there will probably be a few others besides Gary.

It sounds good to me if it's after Labor Day (or maybe on Labor Day?), can't do the couple weekends before Labor Day though due to work.
I'd be interested, only 3.5 hr drive from my residence. Labor Day weekend though wouldn't work for me due to prior commitment.
Rick, I would attend, with exception of dates August 19,20, 21
I am definitely interested, but it would probably have to be for one day, due to home situation.
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Rick, I would attend, with exception of dates August 19,20, 21

Thanks Keith.
The dates will likely be somewhere in September after Labor Day.
I got a late start and I need to get some things in order to confirm.
I'm in depending on dates and will promise Lake Superior fresh fish. Probably some smoked fish too. I have wedding to attend Sunday of Labor Day weekend that I can not miss, however.
I'm a definite maybe. The deeper into September the better for me, even October?
Another definite maybe!
Less than 2 hours from house.
Not sure what my schedule will be that time of year, but I sounds great!
Is it possible to come for just one day if necessary?
Thanks
Ed
It's a maybe if it is after I get copies of my new book. Supposedly the new book will be available Sep 28. "But with my publisher never say never"

I would love to attend.

Unfortunately, a second road trip up north from Florida, within weeks of returning from Pa. Rendezvous, would about kill this old man.
Tim, fly into BWI and spend the night, we have a guest room with full bath. We can head out the next day. Or, take a day or two off and have a beer with Gary and some of the other campfire members. We have several in the area, they just don't hang out on the Savage forum.
I'll be there. Date? Busy summer so dates matter. I can help with set-up.
Originally Posted by dsr1935
I'll be there. Date? Busy summer so dates matter. I can help with set-up.

Good to hear Darrell. Bring the Boys & Grandson again too.
Likely in Sept. after Labor Day. I have some details to work out and I'll re-post the event info soon.
Looking forward to it. Once ya firm up the date I'll firm up my travel plans. wink
Its close enough to home, so i might be able to make it down Saturday, depending on the weekend, and my work schedule.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Tim, fly into BWI and spend the night, we have a guest room with full bath. We can head out the next day. Or, take a day or two off and have a beer with Gary and some of the other campfire members. We have several in the area, they just don't hang out on the Savage forum.

PM sent
Yep, definitely interested!
At a gun show today met a fellow 99 guy named Nick Stockmeyer, a nice guy, said he was at the Sauk City Fest, he not much of a internet guy, he heard that there might be a fest there this year. Told him it was in the works, and I said I'd call him, when I heard a firm date for it. He's going to be set up next weekend at the big Gaylord show! With 99s said I'd see him There!
Any further developments as far a possible dates yet?

Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Timmy, there’s another thread with the dates a little further down in the forum.
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Yes!
Use this updated thread...
Savage Fest 2020 - Sauk City, WI
© 24hourcampfire