Home
Posted By: dsr1935 forend needed - 05/31/22
Looking to restore an 1899 made in 1925. I am missing the forend with latch. I have the metal piece which attaches to the receiver. Distance from the receiver to the latch rear is appox. 6 and 7/8. Anyone have one to get rid of?
Posted By: Savage57 Re: forend needed - 05/31/22
Check gunstocksinc.com. or Macongunstocks.com
Posted By: damnesia Re: forend needed - 05/31/22
Originally Posted by dsr1935
Looking to restore an 1899 made in 1925. I am missing the forend with latch. I have the metal piece which attaches to the receiver. Distance from the receiver to the latch rear is appox. 6 and 7/8. Anyone have one to get rid of?

Forends are pretty easy to come by on eBay. The latch is a different story. I've been looking for one that I don't have to spend over 150$ on.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: forend needed - 05/31/22
Originally Posted by dsr1935
I don't have one, but,..
Curious of the s.n. & model?? Checked or plain?

I have a couple of 99G's 291,xxx & 301,xxx with totally different fore sizes/ styles.
The early is petite and the later is stout.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: forend needed - 06/01/22
Somewhere in the 29x,xxx range the barrel went from feather weight to medium weight. The later forearm is heavier and longer. I don't think the latch location changed.
Posted By: dallased Re: forend needed - 06/02/22
I have a couple I have been saving but getting too old for projects. Let me see what I have and I will email you. I suspect I have what you but one never knows.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: forend needed - 06/02/22
I have one for an 1899 A take down. It's a bit longer than the H, and the lug spacing is different, I'm pretty sure.
© 24hourcampfire