Home
Posted By: eaglemountainman Savage Fest - 09/09/22
To those attending this weekend, I hope you all have a great time.

We had a blast again this year in Pa. Hoping you all have a similar experience.
I would have liked to attend this weekend, but too many irons the fire.

Be safe and enjoy.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage Fest - 09/09/22
Yes indeed. Were it not held in a galaxy far away I would have loved to attend, if for no other reason than to see how much Rory has aged (hopefully less than me)!!
Posted By: Tinemaster Re: Savage Fest - 09/09/22
Hoping everyone going has a great time
Post some pics please
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Cant wait for pics!! Have fun everyone.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Much more later....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Savage94C Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Enjoy the 'Fest' all who attend. Wish I could have made it. cry
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Looks like a good turnout. Have fun guys.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Candy store!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
I think I see 10 long tube scopes, that can't be Gene, I didn't think he had that many 99's?
Posted By: 99guy Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I think I see 10 long tube scopes, that can't be Gene, I didn't think he had that many 99's?

I thought the same thing. Me thinks that is Gene....
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest - 09/10/22
Man, I wish I was there. I have a good 10 cord of wood I have to get split before I have hernia surgery on Nov. 7th. That's a long time, but, I'm getting old and slow.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Savage Fest - 09/11/22
Just got home, The grey table cover was a friends and mine, he had 5 1899's laying across the table on the end and a Remington Model 30 factory chambered in 300 Savage, mine are after the Remington. I had my 22HP with a Malcolm side mount laying across the table and the rest length wise. Two just got delivered a week ago Wednesday - both 1895 project guns, one has much later 1899 wood - that whole gun is very rough, it's nearest the edge of the table.

That is the extent of my lever guns other than a really rough 1899; seven 1899's, 5 with vintage scopes and three 1895's - one half octagon and two projects with replaced barrels.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Savage Fest - 09/11/22
Here is a group shot of most.
When the film gets processed, we'll start a new thread with table pics.... smile

Posted By: Tinemaster Re: Savage Fest - 09/11/22
awesome looks like great time
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest - 09/11/22
Great time, good folks, Rick fed us very, very well, awesome conversations, and late night BS sessions!

Awesome time!
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Thanks to Rick for hosting a great time and (2nd) Rick for helping put it together! Incredible what one learns at these fests. The combined knowledge is quite impressive. And it was all fun, too!
Posted By: docost99 Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Absolutely, yes! Thank you Rick for hosting the amazing event! There were some VERY nice pieces there, and at least one that I am positive that I’ll never see another. Very fun!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Another Great Savage Get Together
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Nice to see everyone.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Rick really did a great job, I can't imaging the amount of time and effort involved since he not only organized everything he also set up a very large, very well organized display. I found getting my poorly organized group ready was quit a job.
Posted By: BradD Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
It was great to get to another 'Fest and meet some new people and see some old friends. It's always fun to learn a lot of new things too. There were some really neat Savages and related items there to see. Super job Rick.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
I will say it looks like a great time, lotsa goodies and lots of knowledge! Beats putting a new undercarrige under a cat dozer. smile Someday once again i might make it to another savagefest. Don
Posted By: GeneB Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Originally Posted by Loggah
I will say it looks like a great time, lotsa goodies and lots of knowledge! Beats putting a new undercarrige under a cat dozer. smile Someday once again i might make it to another savagefest. Don
??? you mean after you get the Dozer running.... that's going to take quite awhile to drive to one on that, isn't it? even if it's a lot closer. Why would you need something with that much power, you plan to take everything from your vault???
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Direct route from point A to point B.

Loggah, next year is in PA. Put it on the calendar (I know, have the wife do it) and start planning...no excuses! It's been too long. And bring The Dick.

Was a great weekend. Thanks to Rick, wife, those who came to look and learn and all who attended and FILLED the tables. I was in Savage overload. All the items you wish you could find but just don't see for sale anymore.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Thanks everybody!
All presence, help, contributions and comradery is appreciated. It's the only way this could have happened.

There were some amazing pieces and lots of them.
Basically it was Savage Nirvana.
Guys walking around smiling, drooling and otherwise just shaking their heads and the amount and quality of items.
I'm pretty sure no one digested everything that was there except for the food. If anyone left hungry, it was their own fault. smile

Looking forward to posted pics...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Pics should show up tonight.. if work wasn't bothering me, I'd be able to finish them sooner.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
The mall Photomat jammed up again?😁
Having only attended one Fest I regret missing this one, for I know how invigorating it can be. Green with envy about all those who made this one. Kudos to Rick, from afar.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Even John Wright in his absence was greatly in presence with the 2 Ricks bringing some of his memorabilia to the fest. And some of us brought some home. THANKS John! Southern Wis Savage now has a very impressive pistol display! Hopefully pics will do it justice.
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
I will drive his sorry ass if the dates don't interfere with 3 weeks fishing 2 in quebec and 1 lake ontario and thinking time to part with a few very fine savages and pre 64 winchesters
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Congrats on another great fest Rick! I really wanted to go but just wasnt in the cards. Anxiously waiting to see some more pics. I can just imagine what was on those tables. I will see most of you in Wellsboro next year i hope!!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Sure hope to make the next Out West Fest. I promise to bring the biggest collections of rats you have ever seen!
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Savage Fest - 09/12/22
Made it home about 7:30 last night and the Fest was well worth the drive there and back! Thanks for hosting another great get together Rick.
[quote=Southern_WI_Savage]Here is a group shot of most.
When the film gets processed, we'll start a new thread with table pics.... smile

Can names be provided for the pic?
Posted By: Savage94C Re: Savage Fest - 09/13/22
Originally Posted by Rick99
Direct route from point A to point B.

Loggah, next year is in PA.

Am I understanding this right? Both the Savage Rendezvous and the Savage Fest are both being held in Pennsylvania next year (2023)?

I'll 2nd 'gnoahhh' request for name list on the picture. Can ID only around 3-4. Thank you.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Savage Fest - 09/13/22
Yes. The Fest will be held in June and the Rendezvous is held annually in August.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Savage Fest - 09/13/22
June... good timing probably.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Savage Fest - 09/13/22
Standing L to R
Doug, ed7189, SavageUpNorth, docost99, Bruce, SouthernWISavage, KeithNyst, Daniel, dsr7189, Skidrow, BradD, Rick99, bigoldave, Merle, Gary.
Seated
Calhoun, Don

A few wives & children and some that missed the team photo (GeneB).

© 24hourcampfire