Home
Posted By: Lightfoot Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 09/29/22
Brought a healthy sum!

Savage

Did one of you guys gather it up?
Saw that.

A case where somebody saw something the rest of us didn’t.

The sale price is so outrageous it smells funny. JMO
Posted By: TomA Re: Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 09/29/22
Just 2 months or so ago, one on Proxibid fetched over $500.
IMO it’s legit, if one checks the seller’s completed auctions he lists a lot of esoteric items and gets a lot of $’s for more than a few of them.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 09/30/22
Holly sheet
Posted By: GeneB Re: Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 09/30/22
I checked out the winning bidder's history, in the last 12 months he has had 24 retracted bids, you seldom find a bidder with even one retracted bid in a year. There were a lot of bids put in after the low bidder dropped out, how high could it have gone? I don't think the seller was involved, but now this auction will show up in searches when people are researching 'sold for' prices. The seller offers 30 day returns, so I think this might be going back.

..or not going out at all, here's a auction that sold and then got relisted supposedly because the 'buyer backed out' - ebay/itm/275466514175
relisted - .ebay/itm/314161873569

I have a tube of Winchester grease in the original box I want to sell, from what I've seen in a few other auctions a tube in that condition shouldn't even bring $20.. with shipping, did the previous listing make it look like a bargain this time? The high bidder at $41 when I listed this had dropped out in the previous listing at $28.

Attached picture Untitled.jpg
Posted By: dsr1935 Re: Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 09/30/22
Looks to me as a crude knock-off as compared to the one I Have
Originally Posted by dsr1935
Looks to me as a crude knock-off as compared to the one I Have
I think it is a real pistol fob, although heavily worn. Does anyone know for sure if these fobs came with a strap? My guess is that they did, but I wouldn't know what one looks like.
I don't discount any of the searches folks have done, however, if that $452 is real and stands as a sale, it is an outlier.
Everything in this case was under $300. Still good money IMO, but a far cry from $400-500.
Note - the odd looking one on top is the left half of a fob cast. Backside is flat and been converted to a tie tack. Legit or not? I haven't seen another.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Ebay Watch Fob - Whodunit? - 10/03/22
Nice group. Don't see them for sale as in the past.
I saw that and I agree something is funny about that. How does a buyer with 25 bid retractions in 12 months get a 100% Positive Rating?

Watch fob might be legit, just terribly worn. Casting quality Not the original leather. No way should that demand that kind of money, there is a legit fob soldered on n old Zippo on Ebay for $50. I'd have made a genrous bid on that condition of no more $50.

Lots of fakes out there. I used to buy bulk from a guy in Utah in the 1980s who cast them and gave me a bulk rate of $12 each. I gave them away with pistols stamped on it. I sold off as an incentive. I asked if he could cast them with some mark his reply essentially was "The price tells you it is not an original". ??? If you see one of those I released to public it will have a small star/asterisk *

I will post a picture of an original fob, strap and packaging if I can figure out the posting process.
© 24hourcampfire