Home
these are two beautiful untouched examples of the seldom seen bayonet for the Montreal home guard. most were sharpened , shortened and used as hunting knives etc. these two have survived untouched , not sharpened, full factory blue on base where savage logo is on blade . wood is not sanded, no breaks or chips and both retain almost all original varnish.

Attached picture thumbnail_20221102_160217 (1).jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_20221102_160242 (1).jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_20221102_160357 (1).jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_20221102_160415 (1).jpg
Attached picture thumbnail_20221102_160454 (1).jpg
Sweet!
What's 'the rest of the story'

Who, where, when, how much???
WOW!
Okay Jeremy,

tell us the story... cool shocked cool
I have had both for quite some time now in my collection. the one came from quebec ( big surprise) lol.. I was at the old montreal show and a guy had sold the musket. at the time he sold the musket he could not locate the bayonet for the guy to buy as well.
he said about 4 years after selling the musket he located the bayonet when they were throwing out the old couch. I guess he had sat it on the arm of the couch for what ever reason and it had fallen down the side of the cushion and there it lay till he moved the couch. says a little for cleaning under the cushions!! LOL.. the other I purchased from a bayonet collector at a show out west. ifa fellow collector needed one ive decided I do not need two.
I predict your mailbox will be full within the hour.
grin smirk grin
I already smuggled one out of Alberta or I would be jumping on it.
Too bad the one could not be reunited with its original rifleā€¦..
BEAUTIFUL,,DO YOU HAVE THE LEATHER SHEATHS FOR THEM?
STEVE
Originally Posted by 1899sav
STEVE

Just curious, why do you type in all caps?
yes both have original leather sheaths as in picture. if someone is interested in one please let me now. thanks folks
Your mail box is full. You need to clean house or send me a PM. It might let me answer.
Originally Posted by damnesia
Originally Posted by 1899sav
STEVE

Just curious, why do you type in all caps?

He wants to make sure you can hear him

grin
Originally Posted by Rick99
Your mail box is full. You need to clean house or send me a PM. It might let me answer.
funny thing is when I try to send a private message it tells me I can't at my current member level. then tells me to consider making more posts to raise my level.. lol.. so aparantly I can't get messages or send any even though I've been on here for years.. just silly. so anyone that wants to get a hold of me call me at DELETED PER OP or email me at [email protected]

maybe if I keep replying on this thread I will gain enough credentials.. lol
I'd be interested in more information, as a friend is looking for one, to go with his MHG. livelifeeh at g mail dot com
don't mean to high jack the thread, have one in near new condition, unsharpened ect., have decided to start selling my meager collection as I go another neg. from the Dr. don't know whether to sell with the MHG or buy its sell, can't be on here much best to contact via email or text
© 24hourcampfire