Home
Posted By: Calhoun Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
And another Tulsa weekend starts!

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
Rory,

It was great to meet you, Joe, Rick and Gene in Tulsa last November. Thanks for all the advice you gave while I searched for and purchased my ‘99.

Best success for you this weekend.
Posted By: johno Re: Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
That must be a great show never seen anything like it

Johno
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
I sure miss chasing through the aisles there trying to stay ahead of Ralph.

One of the good things about living in Texas was the short trip to the show.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
Heck, it was just a hop, skip, and a jump from MD. I'll probably go again next year, fall show.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Tulsa Time - 11/12/22
Darned if I'll drive that far, but I would/should fly out sometime.
Posted By: ElkHtrNevada Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
A $4000 trip to see tables full of beenie babies and gun shop set ups selling new stuff.
I'll stick with Guns International and the big auction houses.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
No beanie babies.

Lots of 99s there, though nothing I needed - or if I needed it, couldn’t afford it. Saw an absolutely gorgeous stippled 1899 with A5 chkr/A engraving & fancy wood bought, heard there was a 99K w/410 in red Winship case but it sold before I got there, saw a very good/very early maroon combination set with style 1 case (sn 237xxx), minty 99A in 375, THREE of the rare 99E V2 Style 2.. A number of 1895’s (saw 6?), but high priced and most with serious problems.

Lots of other more common 1899/99’s, 1920’s, etc. There was a US stamped Stevens 416 I probably would have tried to buy if I could have found it again.. grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
A $4000 trip to see tables full of beenie babies and gun shop set ups selling new stuff.
Quite obviously you engage your mouth before putting your brain in gear, and you have never been there. They don’t allow clothing, food, pretty much any non gun stuff. My wife wanted me to bring back a 2A shirt for my SIL. Only shirt in the whole place was for a vender that had a whole row.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
Sorry if that seemed rude, my Hernia surgery still hurts.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Still packing the 99R huh?

LOL
Posted By: AdventureBound Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada

Not the case for the Tulsa show. My observations are based on the show Nov 2021. None of the usual crap that is all-too-often present. That show had tons and tons of guns. Some optics. One person selling pro-gun tee-shirts. A bit of reloading components. One person selling gun safes. Otherwise, an overwhelming amount of guns.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Tulsa Time - 11/15/22
There's tables of gun related stuff, knives, etc. Need small cannon? Great place to find one. Used to be a booth selling vanilla, made it smell nice but they even got booted. No food or non-gun related stuff hardly at all.

About 11 acres of gun tables.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Tulsa Time - 11/16/22
11 acres i would need my quad to get around and carry my purchases
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Tulsa Time - 11/16/22
You have my sympathy. I hope the results are promising.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Tulsa Time - 11/17/22
Last year I told Gene I was only coming one day. He worked out the miles of rows, # of tables, and 8 hours of time, and I think he came up with about 12 seconds per table. I only saw the one guy selling 2A shirts, but he wasn’t a shirt vendor, he had a whole row of tables and the shirts had his logo. There may have been a couple more. But since I was looking for a shirt, I couldn’t find one.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Tulsa Time - 11/17/22
Joe, just make one on Zazzle or [bleep], etc. Put whatever you want on it and in whatever color and size. I can help if you use Zazzle and I can ship for free.
Posted By: Savage1907 Re: Tulsa Time - 11/21/22
I never knew you had these other talents. laugh
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Tulsa Time - 11/21/22
Zazzle...search products by SavageCollector. I think I've bought most of what I've sold. laugh
Posted By: hanco Re: Tulsa Time - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Been there, done that, no fun
© 24hourcampfire