Home
Fellas just a rough chance I know, through a member here I managed to get a nice L series Stith another member has been thumping Ebay trying to find a nice Weaver K-4 or Leupold Mountaineer 4X or 6X with little luck

If anyone has one they know is a good functioning clean scope please message me. These scopes are unrestricted I have pay pal or cash through the mail.

If I have breached any rules please delete and smack me on the wrist.

To all my mates here who stuck with me when I was really sick my thanks and may you and yours have a SAFE and happy Christmas

Johno
Still looking for you John. We’ll find one!
Cheers mate, going to set up on the 99E 22 hp I posted about, once summer is over will go and try for a fallow deer with the rifle would be great to get one one with this set up

Johno
Surprised you can't find one on ebay. Last time I looked there were a bunch of K4 B-60s. If Joe is searching for you, it shouldn't be a long wait.

Hope you've made a full recovery and are doing well.
Good luck with a Mountaineer that isn't priced like it's made of gold. But there are a lot of Weaver K4s on eBay, am I missing something?
I have a friend that asked what his is worth? I’ll call him in a few minutes.
How about a v7? 2-7x32 pretty nice not perfect. PM me
It needs to be a weaver L series because of the front bell diameter.
Either a K4 or KV L series will work.

None of the 60 series Weavers fit in a Stith.
I found a Stith and the right K4 post and CH from my modern 94 38-55.

Only the K4 with the exposed adjustments will fit.

Found both on Ebay on different auctions total of $300.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lightfoot, lots of interest on the Savage Facebook forum for your mounts.
I don’t know one Weaver from another, but John said he has a K4 and a K6. Both have bells. Will they work? The price is right. This is a Johno special, you pay the shipping. Merry Christmas on the rest.

He’s sending me pics.
here's the two my other friend John has. He said one is a K4 the other a K6. Will they work?
I also like Litscherts power raisers.

The K4 model is a RCH larger than the Stith one and has covered adjustments.

This is a JCH Weaver with the 8X coverter

Mike's (Lightfoots) mounts are top shelf!!!!!!!!!
99K 30-30 with Lightfoot mount carrying a Lyman Alaskan with a 8X Litscherts converter.

Almost new 99 EG 300 Sav with Alaskan in Stith.

Originally Posted by JoeMartin
here's the two my other friend John has. He said one is a K4 the other a K6. Will they work?

I don't think those are going to work
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

How do you tell if a KV is an L series?
Here is one that will.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134077897565?hash=item1f37aa5b5d:g:6oIAAOSwK6FiKqCh&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGLqASkUnfinnzfxU8WFue9B2rG8ZTYpQQbHmhgjsls19a88EqQ3EYhL3je7l91j2mCp9ArOubWcR9pNuB%2BqPPssp3JHyUP7wTfES3WBeuEzDE8w9Vobs95P29gHBPN9tlZc3Q3PYK0yhLfSF04x1KDkY4nZ5CY57U4taM9tbsCAuLIVDOezXiHwNOoWXK3INtIpZJNd0avTcQHqk0AnOb4%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6C7hZCkYQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1340778975...avTcQHqk0AnOb4%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6C7hZCkYQ I fixed it for you. You need to stick it in the "insert link" button above. Rick99 smile
Originally Posted by damnesia
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

How do you tell if a KV is an L series?
They will have an L stamped on them.
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

I don't think those are going to work
Thanks, Randy, I didn't think so. I have one of the ones like Elk's picture, but it's on my favorite 303.
[quote=ElkHtrNevada]Here is one that will.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1340778975...avTcQHqk0AnOb4%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6C7hZCkYQ

That photo of the cross hairs show a lot of spots around the edges. If the view shows any clouding or oil sheen, I would pass as the lens are probably going bad and not just in need of cleaning.
Guys, not to beat this to death, BUT, I own the scope and the mount.

Measure the ID of the Stith bell to see what will work. IME only the open adj model.

Perhaps they made a later version with a bigger bell, but I've never seen one.
John said the K4 has C3 on it, and the K6 is a 60B.
How bad do you want it ?

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/refur

Ebay seller has great feedback. I'm sure you could get more info and pictures that show more.
The Stith and early K6 I have on an EG actually mounts on the barrel forward of the rear sight slot. I'll post a pic in a few minutes.
The K4 L will have the L stamped on the tube between the adjustments and rear bell. Most often there is and S inside a diamond with it.

The KV will have the L with diamond S on the adjustment plate.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Many thanks for all the replies, Joe i'll message you.

The biggest issue at the moment is currency exchange which also effects postage which is around $40.00 USD about $75.00 AUD same issue with scope purchase on an unknown ebay item. The reason I asked here is I am confident any scope I buy will be as described, no crying sad its just been a tough year with a lot of expences so need to watch the pennies

Johno
Two early Weavers with Stith mounts.
1947 vintage EG with K6 and Stith mount.
[Linked Image]
closeup of front mount. I haven't taken the forearm off so don't know how the mount is attached to the barrel.
[Linked Image]
KV with Stith mount. I think this is the same mount that Johno has.
[Linked Image]
closeup of this mount.
[Linked Image]
Early K4. I think this is the one Johno is looking for. It looks like it will fit the mount with the KV.
[Linked Image]
Johno, if you don't find the scope you need and want this one, make me an offer. I don't know anything about the functionality. It's just something that I've had for a number of years.
David, appreciate you posting those great photos. I am waiting to hear back from Joe re his mates scopes if that falls over i'll be in touch

Lovely rifle mate

Thanks
Johno
I'm pretty sure those scopes Joe can get are 60 series so they are too big.

David what is the diameter of the bell on that K4? It looks like an S to me.

The S is around 1.305 +/- a few thousandths.

The L is around 1.345 +/-
it's 1.301
David, that's not going work needs to be 1.345" Joe's scopes wont work either. My hope was buying from a member who I know I can trust his description instead of relying on Ebay

Johno
This one on eBay looks like the one John is looking for. L sin diamond
Really fine hard to see dot reticle

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175526305385?hash=item28de2ede69
Yes, been watching that but I'm really skeptical of that dot configuration. He says there are no visible crosshairs suspending the dot. Most often the dot is affixed to super thin crosshairs. Big risk to me.
Going about this all wrong.

Find a 99 with a Weaver K4 on it that you can remove and put a peep sight on, and buy the gun & scope.

One does not just buy the scope alone when it can be used as an excuse to buy a new 99.... grin
I have a K4 with a 1.345" bell. I'd trade it for a M8-4x Leupold. It's on a 03-A3 right now. It's works very well and the glass is good. I don't see any knicks or scratches, but there is bluing wear at the object lens end. If you don't have a M8-4x, maybe you have something else?
I have nice 70's vintage I believe Redfield 6X, let talk to some mates see if I can a 4x Leupy

Johno
Got a couple of different Dominion 22 hp boxes & a Winchester 22 hp I can post over if that would be helpful a bit rough but ok

Johno
© 24hourcampfire