Home
Posted By: Rick99 Weaver U mount chart - 12/17/22
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...29/Weaver+U+Mount+Chart+for+K+Scopes.pdf

Rings will be marked on the side with the model number. The 99 uses a U11 front and U15 rear. These are the ones that attach on top of the receiver with screw across (side to side) from each other and at an angle.
Posted By: Bill43 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/17/22
Does anyone know the hole spacing on the U 2 sidemount? I am looking for side mount for Win.63 gray rat with holes.
Thanks Bill
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/17/22
Is your rifle drilled with 2 or 4 holes? What is the spacing CtoC?
Posted By: Bill43 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/18/22
Rick, this is the screw spacing. hole#1 TO #2 0.743, #2 to #3 1.675, #3 to#4 0.743 all in a straight line.
I collect 99s shoot some Savage bolt guns and some of about everything else.
Thanks Bill
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/18/22
I don't have a U side mount to look at. I think it one piece rings. I would advise locating a later Weaver siide mount with the 2 piece, 1" rings. Also made in 3/4". The Weaver Mount Chart (Google) shows using the #2 base which has the same hole location you posted. The #2 appears to be used on both curved and flat receivers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2850720622...rue&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 Bottom of the page. The box and papers in the photos are not for that mount.

Note you buy the base that attaches to the receiver then the upper attaches to the base with 2 big screws and is easily removable. If you watch the gun shows you often see the upper for reasonable money then buy the base you need if not already attached.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/18/22
I have a 99 EG D&T for Weaver U mounts, screw holes plugged and cold blued, a member here sold me Weaver U mounts for my 99.

Should I remove blind screws and scope it with the Weaver U mounts or just leave it alone? Thoughts

Did Savage ever Factory drill the Savage 99 for Weaver U mounts?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/18/22
Top or side mount?

What size rings?

Not factory.

What caliber?

Do you want to scope your rifle? It's an option. Your call.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/19/22
They work.

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]
Posted By: damnesia Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/19/22
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I have a 99 EG D&T for Weaver U mounts, screw holes plugged and cold blued, a member here sold me Weaver U mounts for my 99.

Should I remove blind screws and scope it with the Weaver U mounts or just leave it alone? Thoughts

I'd remove the blind screws and mount that sucker in a second. I don't mind D/T if it's got a period mount and scope.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/20/22
Rick Top mount , Savage 99 EG 250 24" barrel has Tang sight
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/21/22
Light recoil so shouldn't have any problem with the mount. The scope is not gas filled so might fog over.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/21/22
Originally Posted by damnesia

I'd remove the blind screws and mount that sucker in a second. I don't mind D/T if it's got a period mount and scope.
Could you live with this one?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: damnesia Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/21/22
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Originally Posted by damnesia

Could you live with this one?

That's a sweet rifle.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 12/22/22
Those side mounts cover the engraving on the left side of the receiver. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
Posted By: cherryfarmer Re: Weaver U mount chart - 01/11/23
Hello I bought a 99eg 300 savage about 10 years ago that is drilled an tapped for the weaver u mounts on top. I finally found some u mounts on ebay the other day and i need to get a scope that will work. I know i need a strait tube scope with an ocular bell that can be unscrewed. I am looking at some old weaver k2.5 and k3 scopes as i think they will work but am not sure. Will these work and do you guys have any other recommendation for a scope that will. Thanks for all your help over the years, I've really learned alot here.
Paul
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Weaver U mount chart - 01/11/23
Any straight tube scope that the bell can be removed from should work fine.

The newer series Weavers in the K2.5 and K3 don't allow the bell to be removed.

I wouldn't buy anything newer than 60C model. That is a very good scope too - for Weaver that is.

Redfields are a little better in optics - perhaps.
Posted By: cherryfarmer Re: Weaver U mount chart - 01/11/23
Thanks lightfoot i will start looking for a weaver up to 60c and older Redfield. What reticle would you recommend for older eyes?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Weaver U mount chart - 01/11/23
You won't find a lot of options. Most will be simple crosshairs and I find them usable. They did do the post so that is the other option if you like them.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Weaver U mount chart - 01/11/23
The one I have with a dot probably won't work. The dot is small and the crosshairs are very fine.
© 24hourcampfire