Home
Savage just came out with a Model 1911 handgun.

Will it be a future collectible? Hmm. There's a ton of companies making 1911's, so doubt it will be ultra-collectible unless they stop production quickly. grin

Does look nice.

More info:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/new-for-2022-savage-arms-1911/
What will be the counter price, if the MSRP is $1349 and $1499?

$1349 with no rail, $1499 with rail.

Blued, or two tone.. hmm...

[Linked Image from savagearms.com]

I'm not feeling it for the Stainless.

Its not going to be in my book ,with those prices !!!! eek eek i got a first year original one that cost about the same. smile
Yeah, those prices will still net a nice 1899 or 99 if you watch for them. Heck, a Kimber 1911 can be had for a couple hundred less than these.
I would get one if it had the Indian head logo.
Originally Posted by Loggah
Its not going to be in my book ,with those prices !!!! eek eek i got a first year original one that cost about the same. smile

Ditto. I'll continue to make do with my old Colt 1911's and my Colt Gold Cup. More power to those who gotta have all the bells and whistles, just not for me.

One heartwarming aspect: reaffirmation of the old John Browning design.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by Loggah

Ditto. I'll continue to make do with my old Colt 1911's and my Colt Gold Cup. More power to those who gotta have all the bells and whistles, just not for me.

One heartwarming aspect: reaffirmation of the old John Browning design.

Are those Gold Cups as nice as they're rumoured to be? I've been considering getting one. I'm still using a S&W 4516 and a 4506. I like them but have had a fascination with the Gold Cups for some reason.
I think they are, but I'm just a casual shooter not a serious pistolero. I worked up loads for it (cast bullets of course) and tested it with my Ransom Rest to (mostly) eliminate human error, the best of the bunch* went into an honest inch at 25 yards. You can't prove that accuracy by my shooting it off my hind legs, but at least I have a goal.

4.0gr. Bullseye, 200 grain soft lead SWC sized .452" (from a Hensley&Gibb 6-cavity gang mold - bullets drop from it like rain), Federal brass, R-P #2 1/2 primers.
Funny this should come up, but I spent an hour or two today looking at the new version of the 1911 Colt Commander today.

Same kind of money, but a Colt... wink
Yeah, a Commander is cool. Never owned one though. A bit rambunctious with full-tilt 230 grain loads.

Maybe Savage will address the "carry guys needs" with a smaller version like the Commander? Time, and sales, will tell.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Yeah, a Commander is cool. Never owned one though. A bit rambunctious with full-tilt 230 grain loads.

Looking at the 9mm version in the interest of uniformity, continuity and interchangeability with my current handgun stable and ammunition stock.
Seems a bit late to the 1911 party. I look forward to reviews and seeing one in person.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
What will be the counter price, if the MSRP is $1349 and $1499?

$1349 with no rail, $1499 with rail.

Blued, or two tone.. hmm...

I'm not feeling it for the Stainless.

Looks like a Kimber with Savage markings. 😬
I'm pretty old school on 1911s, so I really like the WWII and 40s era Colts. A nicely blued late 40s Colt Government (Commercial) model and a parkerized 1941 Colt 1911A1 (Military) just seem right. For target shooting I do have a 45ACP Springfield Range Officer with adjustable target sight that I shoot often.
Just noticed that it looks like they are dropping their AR rifles, or dropped them in the last year or so?

Which was another oversold market.

Based on the last 14 years, I'd think if they could swing it getting into the ammo market would make sense. Anybody making ammo has been making money.
© 24hourcampfire