Home
Posted By: Calhoun Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
And it actually lettered as a Kit!

Now that’s a unicorn!

SN 256,7xx - G, 300, Kits, accepted 12/4/1923, ship 2/28/24 to California.

Gonna go buy some powerball tickets.

One on the right.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very nice!

Did you ever figure out who "W. Wippruhf" is?
Posted By: damnesia Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
That means they normally don't letter as a set/kit? That's weird, I wonder why.

Pretty cool. I'd love to own one someday but they'll probably never be the price I'd want to spend on one now that 99s are so popular.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
No, asked them to check the name again and both agreed that it looks like it says Wippruhf. Wipprull was the next most likely. That’s a later cased set from 1932, it lettered as just a G in 300.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
That one on the left a 303?

Looks familiar to me.
Posted By: Jaaack Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
Rory, is the 410 barrel address one line or two?

Thanks
Yes, the one on the left is a 303. Talked about it here before, it’s a 1920 1899A SR w/takedown.

Jaaack, the set came without a 410 barrel and I added that one. So it won’t be helpful as a data point.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by Calhoun
it’s a 1920 1899A SR w/takedown.

Not the one I was thinking of. I know an F that was last seen in Pa.
Posted By: TBigBuck Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
That is cool! How does the letter read to indicate it was a kit? I was hoping mine would letter showing it was a cased set, but it did not...I have a thing for Cased sets or multi-barrel guns, just find them to be neat tools...even own an Encore with multiple barrels in pistol, shotgun and rifle...Encores are more like Lego sets though grin
Posted By: Savage1907 Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
Nice !!

Buy two tickets 😊
Posted By: johno Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
That's great Rory a fine set indeed, forget the lotto tickets think you have used up your luck

Johno
Originally Posted by damnesia
That means they normally don't letter as a set/kit? That's weird, I wonder why.

Pretty cool. I'd love to own one someday but they'll probably never be the price I'd want to spend on one now that 99s are so popular.
Why they don’t is a good question. But very few letter. I’ve lettered 2 others and they mentioned nothing. I remember somebody else having a regular case that lettered, don’t remember who it was.

Originally Posted by TBigBuck
That is cool! How does the letter read to indicate it was a kit?
It had an extra ledger entry saying “Kits”. Not too sexy on its own, but now I know the gun wasn’t swapped!
Posted By: Jaaack Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
Too bad someone removed the original 410 barrel. Does the one you found have the same barrel address as the rifle barrel?
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Lettered a cased set.. - 01/25/23
Yeah, you have to be carful. I was at an auction and they had a cased rifle and 410 barrel. Said it was all original. No compartments in the case, didn't look anything like a Savage case., and the case had cheap, cheesy, thumb wheel pad locks on it. Still sold for over $3000
© 24hourcampfire