Home
Posted By: Lightfoot Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
I am going to stop building the Lightfoot mount. My inventory of parts and supplies is about to run out and I am going to stop then.

Most of the remaining mounts are sold and I am not accepting new orders through the Lightfoot email.

I have some health issues now with the repetitive motion at the drill press and it is just too dam hard anymore.

Thanks to all for the incredible support!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Thanks for supporting us for all these years. Take a break, you deserve it.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Hope you get your health problems sorted out.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Always very sad to see the end of an era, your work is going to be missed.
Hope you get the health issues resolved Mike
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Take it easy, Mike. Thank you for your keenness in seeing a need and filling it.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Thank You for all your hard work Mike! Take the time and get well my friend.
Posted By: Oskerspap12 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Thank you Mike, Your work is outstanding and will be missed. Best of the best IMHO. May God heal you and give you a long fruitful life.........Again, thank you so much for your service to the Savage community.
Sincerely,
D.P.Reynolds
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Sorry to hear of the this Mike. i will cherish your art work on my 300.
be well and happy.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Sorry to hear this also Mike. Gods Blessings for your health. Thank you for your work and product over the years. I also will be thankful I have a couple of your mounts.
Lightfoot and the mounts will go down in Savage Arms history! Thank you.

Have you considered passing the torch?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
As much as everybody loves the sights, your health is far more important!

Any idea how many you made? It'll definitely be a permanent piece of Savage 99 history.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Originally Posted by Calhoun
As much as everybody loves the sights, your health is far more important!

Any idea how many you made? It'll definitely be a permanent piece of Savage 99 history.

I smell an addendum in your 2nd Edition!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
I am really sorry to hear this. I have a number of your mounts and one appears in the engraved book. It has been engraved and is mounted on my 99K 300. Killed two deer with that setup.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Last year I set a target to do 500 total and wind it up. Almost made it...

In the vein of the 1 millionth Savage 99 - let's just say I made 500. grin
Posted By: Jaaack Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Mike, sorry to hear about the health issues, but hopefully they'll resolve quickly once you stop the repetitive motion.

I've not had a reason to order one of your mounts as most of my rifles have peep sights of one type or another, although I do have a couple with Stiths. But from what I've seen and the various reviews, the workmanship is superb. To all of those out there with Lightfoot mounts, congratulations. The value of your mounts just doubled!

Mike, I assume you are going to continue to supply other 99 parts you have on hand as you have in the past. (I hope so.)
Sorry to hear about your health issues Mike. Praying that you get those problems resolved.

Your Lightfoot mount will go down in history with 99 collectors Mike. You can be very proud of such a great idea and accomplishment. I’m so glad that I have one.

Congratulations sir and wishing you well

Joe
Posted By: johno Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Mike, like so many blokes here has been a great friend over the years its a shame to see such a great product finished. Mike I hope health improves and you enjoy your retirement of stepping away from the drill press. All the best

Johno
Posted By: saddlering Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Thanks Mike for filling a void , of a needed mount! Time to enjoy your retirement!
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 01/31/23
Sorry to hear about your health issues Mike. Wish you well in your re-retirement. smile
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Damned old age and its acks and pains.

Sorry to see the mount production end. Just glad it was your choice and not for other reasons.

You have made a lot of Savage 99 guys happy with your quality product.

Maybe the price of Stith mounts will go back up now... whistle wink grin
Posted By: Blitz Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Perhaps you can give someone here the plans and instructions on how to make your mount and give them a "franchise" and you collect a "licensing" fee for each sold?

Just a thought.

Blitz
Posted By: HIGHGEARED1 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Mr lightfoot, I as well would like to extend my thanks for your absolute talent and craftsmanship. The mount you made for my 300 was on the money and is still hunting. I wish you the best in your endeavors and hope you heal fast. This world needs more 99 lovers like you !
Posted By: JMUPT Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Dang it, I waited too long. I had been thinking about getting one and just kept putting it off since it is a rifle I don't shoot very often. If anyone has an extra and would like to part with it, please let me know.
Mike, thanks for the mounts you built for me. They have worked great. And getting close to 5oo is quite the accomplishment! I would not have guessed you made that many. Good job!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
thanks for all your work and iniguity in developing your mount , you have indeed made Savage nuts lives better.

Take care of yourself.

Norm
Posted By: 99guy Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
End of an era

Good luck in the future.
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
I’m glad I have one of the 500 made. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Nick
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Mike, kick back, heal and enjoy that Kali sunshine; you’ve earned it and will be in the Savage Hall of Fame. Thank you for your contribution to all of us. Keith
Posted By: S99VG Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Truely a part of 99 history! Thank you for your contribution and best of luck in your future endeavors.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Mike, Sorry to hear that,but you have to take care of yourself. I guess i should have got one as a future savage collectable !! smile :)Don
Posted By: Joe Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Mike, sorry to hear of your illness and will send prayers for your well being. As JMUPT wrote, I waited too long.
Posted By: MrMuskie Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
Wonderful mount I feel lucky to have them. Best wishes to get better !

If anyone has a spare, I'll purchase it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
I wouldn't sell mine for $300. Can't be replaced. What's it worth to the guy who really needs one now?
Posted By: hanco Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/01/23
I hope you get the issues resolved, take care!
Posted By: dallased Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/02/23
Saddens me greatly. What a unique craftsman you are. At least I have one of the 500. Be well.
Posted By: RAS Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 02/03/23
Never got one. Wish I did.
© 24hourcampfire