Home
Posted By: deerstalker and then there were four - 05/23/23
here i was minding my own business and a guy offered me a 112 223 with 20 shots down the bore. plus 100 rounds live ammo, plus a nikon scope, plus a pelican case all for 500.00.
even my Scot wife thought it was a good buy. ground squirrels look out.
this makes four Savage bolt guns mingled among my 99's.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: and then there were four - 05/23/23
Good to see you posting! I was wondering if the bears got ya.

How are you going to pass up a deal like that?
Hey Roy! I have been following my addiction to muzzle loading long rifles. have been building them and spent most of my time on a muzzle loading forum.
seems i ruffled someone's feathers and got banned for a month. not the slightest idea what and when i posted whatever it was. can't even get on the site to find out what my sin was.
that 110 i got from you, i sold to a friend, then started having withdrawals , and traded him a boat for it. think it will be with me until i die.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: and then there were four - 05/23/23
Tom I shoot a 110 like that but in 7mm magnum. Damn good shooting rifle.
I personally have never warmed up to the 7mm mag. wonderful round, must just be a flaw in my character.
you need to come up this fall and thin some bear. the fire we had immediately to the south drove a bunch up here.
had eight on a game came in one night.
i gave hunting privileges to some guys and they took 4 dinks out of the apple orchard. that night i got pictures of four others that would add up to close to 1600 lbs between them.
had one under my sights with a 54 cal flintlock and had 3 klatches. after the third klatch i think he headed to your neck of the woods.
this fall i am using my EG 300.
© 24hourcampfire