Home
Picked up an old Springfield 22 made by Stevens. Mostly got it for the neat old scope that rides on top. First glance I thought it was an Unertl but when I looked closer it turned out to be an old Fecker. Nice article on the Fire here about Fecker scopes. New to me but I'm sure a lot of you guys have already read it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tthread/Board/16/main/109829/type/thread

Any way the gun was dry as a bone and stovepiped every round until I gave it a good flush wit eezox. Now it's plenty good pewpew.
Really interesting the way the action works on these. After a shot the action stays open until you release the trigger, then the bolt closes and sends the next round into the chamber. I'm guessing that this was some kind of safety minded innovation??

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Any way to date the scope based on the serial number?
What is the make of the sling?
It's a Nobuckl
Fecker+Nobuckl..you did well!
Nice John, I'm glad You sorted out the the action feed so easily. Sounds like it hasn't seen much use lately. You may be only the 2nd owner! Who'da thunk that you got a collectible sling with this pristine vintage package too!

Generations of red squirrels tremble at the thought of this rig coming back to life!
© 24hourcampfire