Home
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ter-250-3000-savage.cfm?gun_id=102424457

Got to handle this little beauty yesterday…very nice! Scope is usable…

Wife has a crazy idea that one gun purchase a day is enough for anyone crazy
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
So, 365 a year as long only one a day...inconvenient but doable I guess. laugh
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
Originally Posted by Rick99
So, 365 a year as long only one a day...inconvenient but doable I guess. laugh

And, this is why I love this place …. grin
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
Just part of the membership program. No biggie😉😎
Posted By: BMT Re: Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
Nice little gun.

BMT
Posted By: iskra Re: Savage Super Sporter - 08/26/23
I'd suppose the primary concern here as described as "Sleeping in the same bed without hazarding concerns of 'Cudgel' permanent impairment!

As to the Savage Model 40, later version as the side mounted mag release. I'm suprised the scope/aperture sight combo works. I'd wonder about eye relief??? The newer version magazine as supposedly accommodating the earlier model. Not the reverse and 'if' adaption, something of a dice roll... All according to hearsay. I have two later models and one first model which had the mag release as an almost hidden flat sliding plunger adjacent to the magazine. Mine as 2 in 30-06 and one (my favorite chambering here) in 30-30. These were 'price point' rifles in era of the Winchester Model 54 and Remington Model 30.

I like these rifles as the aft locking action design. The chambering as 250-3000 seems to me ideal with 30-30 second. The possibility of hot '06 loads as buying into a rifle almost a century old, can be a concern over prior 'abuse'. Reasonably as N/A here. The trigger isn't something to write home about in my several experiences. But O/A decent as novel rifles. I'm a bit 'blown away by the price shown' but not in the narket for about a decade and also blown away by the cost of a "can of beans!"

Good luck & hope for "range report" forthcoming!
Best!
John
© 24hourcampfire