Home
Posted By: Tuffcity Fair market value - 11/15/02
A friend just gave me a savage 99C and although he did not want any $ for I was wondering if any one could give me a rough figure on what it is worth. I'd like to give him something for it. Here's the particulars: series A, C7432XX, definitely has seen some use but the wood is sound, rifling is good, minor bit of surface rust on the lever. Lyman sights are intact and undamaged. Has been drilled for, and has on it, scope bases. Barrel and frame bluing are good- no patchy colour or dents/scratches.
<br>
<br>Any help appreciated.
<br>
<br>RC
<br>
<br>
Posted By: Moonpie Re: Fair market value - 11/15/02
Everything will depend on the caliber.
<br>99C's are not terribly sought after by the collector crowd unless they're in one of the rarer calibers.
<br>If it's a 7mm/08 I'd guess it would go $800.
<br>.22-250 a bit less at around $500-600.
<br>.243 or .308 a whole lot less, maybe $250-300.
Posted By: Tuffcity Re: Fair market value - 11/16/02
oops, knew I forgot to add something! It's the .308 flavour. I'm not looking at it from a collection point of view just a ball park so I can give my friend a reasonable $ for it. Thanks for the reply.
<br>
<br>RC
<br>
<br>any ideas on the age of this rifle?
Posted By: NYSavagefan Re: Fair market value - 11/16/02
1980's more than likely. Not looking at the book, but the guys will give you an exact date.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Fair market value - 11/16/02
Made around 1978. Under $250. Since it was more of a gift he might like a gift in return. Got anything you could trade him or buy him somethng he might like?
<br>
<br>Rick....
Posted By: Tuffcity Re: Fair market value - 11/18/02
Thanks for the info guys. This is the 3rd 99 I've inadvertantly ended up with and this place (as well as the old forum) has been a great help.
<br>
<br>RC
© 24hourcampfire