Home
Posted By: L_Savage99 Mounts - 11/21/23
I purchased a savage 110pe got it in today. Plan on hunting with it. I got a two piece mount but had problems finding a scope that had long enough tubing to fit due to the mints being so far apart.

I would like to find a one piece rail so I can put any scope on it. The gun is a round front with a flat back. Does anyone here have a suggestion on a mount they have used for this. Or if they have a scope they liked that had long tubing to fit the two piece mount
Posted By: hanco Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
I have 3 savage bolt guns. I use Talley bases and rings on them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: L_Savage99 Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
My rifle is an older 60s model. The bolts are so far apart with the two piece mount I have to find a long tubed scope to work. I would rather have a one piece rail. My rifle has a round front and a flat back for the mount. I can’t get my leupolds to fit right now due to them being shorter tubes.
Posted By: hanco Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
Originally Posted by L_Savage99
My rifle is an older 60s model. The bolts are so far apart with the two piece mount I have to find a long tubed scope to work. I would rather have a one piece rail. My rifle has a round front and a flat back for the mount. I can’t get my leupolds to fit right now due to them being shorter tubes.

Ten 4. Good luck
Posted By: squidman Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
bushnell elite 3-9x40 fits
Posted By: L_Savage99 Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
Thank you I will go look at the scope option. I think I may have found a rail. I just needed to learn exactly what I was looking for.
Posted By: ctw Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
Someone made a rail base for the 99 was mixed reviews here but may prove to ne your option
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
Do they not still make offset rings?
Posted By: jackpinesav Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
EGW makes a one piece rail for the older 110 flat back action. Burris makes a 2 piece Xtreme Tactical rail also. I have the Burris mounts on my mid 90s 112 and they worked fine. they have 3 positions on the both pieces so you have more room for adjustment.
Posted By: ctw Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
https://www.egwguns.com/hd-savage-m...a-factory-drilled-and-tapped-models-only
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
I got an offset Leupold mount from Cabelas recently for a 99. They must still make them.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Mounts - 11/21/23
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I got an offset Leupold mount from Cabelas recently for a 99. They must still make them.

Did you mean offset rings? Never heard of an offset mount base.
© 24hourcampfire