Home
Posted By: DaveDaDeerslayer Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69975052

If any of you are thinking of bidding on the above, the numbers DON'T match as he says mad. Ask me how I know. frown

Dave
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
OK,
How do you know??

Mike
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
Seems to me I've seen that one before..
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
Originally Posted by 6mm250
OK,
How do you know??

Mike

Mike
Dave went through this Once befor On the Same Gun.
Dave Kinda Got [bleep]!
He also warned Me when I had a Bid On It a Couple Months ago. This is the 3rd or 4th time
this Guy Is Listing this Gun, Sells and Gets Relisted.

Stever

P.S. Sorry Dave For Steppin In.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
Maybe he oughta have pictures of bulls at the end of the auctions instead of the horses. He left the horses off the Savage this time but same effect I guess - BS or HS, same same.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
And that guy has an A+(152) ? Gunbroker lets him get away with it ? I knew there was a reason I don't mess with auction sites.

Mike
Posted By: DaveDaDeerslayer Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
Mike,

I've held that rifle, and also had the the buttplate off it. #'s DON'T match. Told the seller so. Look at the feedback. He's a Lair. Only cost me a hunderd to find out. Thought I'd try to save my bro's on here the same heartburn.

Dave
Posted By: DaveDaDeerslayer Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
Steve,

It's all good wink

Don't want to see anybody on here get hosed if'in I can help it wink.

Dave
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/14/07
To be able to own someone for 100 bucks...I think thats cheap.Tuition.
Posted By: DaveDaDeerslayer Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Just sent him a pm daring him to show a picture of the inside of the buttplate. eek laugh

Don't think he'll take me up on it wink.

I hate lair's. mad

Dave
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Daver
Remeber when You And I talked. He has and never did ansewer my E-Mails/P.M.'s
Stever
Posted By: dwaldo Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Thanks for the warning!Ive been educated to a degree by reading this forum,but something in the G.B.add stuck out.Its not true that 30-30 is a rare caliber is it?Ive seen several and thought it pretty common.
dave
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Rare is a term...that rarely applies.
Congrats on your post #99.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Went back & looked again & he has pics of the inside of wood & buttplate. All the numbers seem to match , or did he fake them somehow ???

Mike
Yep, He faked those numbers.
Jed, Loggah, Maddog, etc.

Help me out here guys. Have you ever seen serial #'s factory stamped like that? eek

Because I KNOW the only thing under that buttplate 2 months ago was JJ 4. mad

What a dick, at least he could have done a better job stamping it. mad

Dave
Must have a old set of # stamps , I don't think they make that style anymore.

Mike
Posted By: Flipper Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
If he faked those #'s then he's an artist with great talent.What are the odds of restamping the #'s and having them match the receiver.Did the parts have no numbers originally?Also,how do you unstamp the buttplate?Just wondering.
Posted By: Flipper Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Just saw your last post.I did'nt know the plate was blank before.Sounds like a newer buttplate with just a few letters.
link me up?
I can tell w/out looking that he did the work hisself.It takes no real magic to get a stamp kit and stamp it.
Convo goes like this...
Sucker:Do all the numbers match?
Crook:Yep!
Sucker:I'll take it!
Dan,

I had the buttplate off of that rifle in my hand a couple months ago. Only thing stamped on it was J J4.

Number stamp sets ain't that hard to come by.

Dave
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Are SN ever seen on savage butt plates stamped in two rows of three numbers, as shown in his pictures? I ask because I have never seen that befor.
You cant gut much more crooked than that. Down load his pics, and put up your own auction with his pics, telling every bidder about the gun.
Dave,
2 PMs sent

Mike
Jed,

Thanks for the backup. wink

Sucker no more, cheap lesson. crazy

I like the fact that he did something stupid like stamp that buttplate. laugh

Dave
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
You Can Buy those Stamps at any Industrial Supply Company for Tool Makers etc.
Thats Been Recently Stamped.
Stever

P.S. Go Back in the Last Ninty Days and see what he Had Before.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
I have never seen the #s stamped like this before but Im not the expert here, I belive ya Dave! John
Posted By: Harry M Re: Buyer Beware - 04/15/07
Look at the J's on the metal butt plate. The indents are shiny silver. Should be brown "patina" just like the other marks on that plate. Those J's look freshly struck to me.

It's like when you look at antique furniture. If you suspect a piece of wood has been replaced if you lightly scratch it, it should sill be "colored" from years of age and polish. If it scratches white, it's new. Metal is kinda the same thing.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Buyer Beware - 04/16/07
Here Ya Go
Here an Old Posting.
And Then Keep Following the Links, And Ya'll See How Many times It's Been Return.
Trust Me. Belive DAVE!
Stever
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=63843095
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Buyer Beware - 04/16/07
The JJ4 belongs on that buttplate it came off of a later rifle.The serial # stamped on the plate in 2 rows is a fake.The numbers stamped on the buttplate was done with a modern set of stamps. Note that the bottom of the 2 on the buttplate is STRAIGHT the bottom of the 2 on the buttstock has a little CURLICUE . That is the diff between old & new styles of stamps.

Mike
Posted By: DaveDaDeerslayer Re: Buyer Beware - 04/16/07
Mike,

You wouldn't believe it. shocked This liar just sent me a email saying those numbers were always there, had "crud" on them that had to be "scraped away", my eyesight's bad, etc. whistle

I don't know how he can look himself in the face to shave in the morning. Conman, Liar, Idiot.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire