Home
Posted By: dave358 Marbles front sight on a T - 01/27/24
I have looked at old threads on this and am still confused(not a rare circumstance). Have we ever made a definitive decision on the proper T front sight? I have a 1937 T in 303 that has a lyman sight but the bead has been torn off by a previous owner, I found an old red bead marbles sight but I don't know if I should replace the lyman. I thought I would ask the Savage experts for an opinion. Thanks for your help.
Popular opinion is the T sight was Lyman but Stroebel's book shows the Marbles for the .30-30 and the .303 Ts. Are there any numbers or letters stamped on the sight?

There is a Marbles on ebay now which led me to dig into it once again.
Posted By: dave358 Re: Marbles front sight on a T - 01/27/24
Thanks Lightfoot, the sight on it now only says Lyman with no patent dates or size. The Marbles sight I found is the same height. I wish someone could find a way to replace those little inserts, I have a Rem 81 missing it too.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Marbles front sight on a T - 01/27/24
Originally Posted by dave358
I have looked at old threads on this and am still confused(not a rare circumstance). Have we ever made a definitive decision on the proper T front sight? I have a 1937 T in 303 that has a lyman sight but the bead has been torn off by a previous owner, I found an old red bead marbles sight but I don't know if I should replace the lyman. I thought I would ask the Savage experts for an opinion. Thanks for your help.

Others are more learned on this specific topic than I am. But the sights on T's that left the factory were not absolute or uniform or the same every time. Savage used various combinations of factory sights on this model. There are various combinations that are all "factory correct".
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Marbles front sight on a T - 01/27/24
I think the factory specs were for Lymans on the 99T front sights.

Did they ever use Marbles due to Lymans being unavailable? Can't rule it out. But Lyman offered red bead front sights via mail order, and I presume Marbles did also. So buyer beware..
© 24hourcampfire