Home
Posted By: kenster99 87 grain Remington's - 02/24/24
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Picked these up at a show today, wonder how they stabilize in a 1/14" twist. Any you guys use them?
Kinda cool old box !
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/24/24
I picked up a box at a gun show years ago and they were extremely accurate. Looked and looked but never found anymore.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/24/24
I bought box off ebay, back. 6-7 years, they grouped real good, but let them go after I sold my 250, loved the rifle, and wish I had it back but hunted 3 deer seasons, never got to fire a shot with it!
I'd hold on to those and shoot the 87 Hot- Cors, instead.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Same

I wouldn't shoot them.

Too cool.
Originally Posted by 99guy

Same

I wouldn't shoot them.

Too cool.
As others have said.

Speer Hot-Cor
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
I'd shoot them, otherwise they are just a paper weight and I don't think you are going to sell them for enough to buy a new truck.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I'd shoot them, otherwise they are just a paper weight and I don't think you are going to sell them for enough to buy a new truck.

Buzzkill...
Posted By: kenster99 Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
Im tired of holding onto stuff. Going to be selling. They were part of a package deal , mainly wanted the 5 boxes of 30 Rem ammo, and 2 boxes of 32 Rem ammo .
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
I have a box or two of those, have never shot them. Got plenty of Hot Cores.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
I would shoot them. To a collector the value is in the box as much as it's in the bullets that's in it, and this box is in pretty sad condition. My biggest fear in shooting them though would be if they shot splendidly then where could I get more to keep it up.
Posted By: Bugger Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24

My 250 Savage 99 1 in 14” twist shoots the SPEER’s very well. I wonder how they’d work on game though.

Those old Remington’s were as good as any 25 caliber bullet , better than most, in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Bugger

My 250 Savage 99 1 in 14” twist shoots the SPEER’s very well. I wonder how they’d work on game though.

Those old Remington’s were as good as any 25 caliber bullet , better than most, in my opinion.

My '59 F .250 is twisted 10.25:1 and shoots 100 Hot-Cors very well, so that's what I hunt with. The guys that use the 87gr version say they do quite well on whitetails and pronghorn.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: 87 grain Remington's - 02/25/24
$40.00 Shipped if anyone on here wants them .
© 24hourcampfire