Home
Posted By: SenderoMan Savage 99 front sight blade - 03/25/24
Have a friend that has me on the quest for a front sight blade on a Savage 99 takedown 250-3000. Not sure of serial #
Appears like it is the Lyman 32 H? Found one on eBay for 40 plus shipping, seems like a lot for a little blade, but it's the only one that I have found so far.

Does anyone happen to have one or have a link to one at a more reasonable cost?

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage 99 front sight blade - 03/25/24
Do you know the serial range of the rifle. Sounds like you are looking for an original Germen silver short (front to back) blade for the intragal base used up to around 1927? If original not needed there are a lot of options.
If all you need is an insert you can make one out of a coin.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Savage 99 front sight blade - 03/26/24
Does it take an insert with the fine grooves on the left side? There were short and long versions. Here's a long one - ebay/itm/233845379303 There was a discussion on these some time ago.
I won't be home from work for a day or so, I'll get the serial # than. I saw on a Savage forum somebody had made one out of a penny, does anybody have pictures?
Pretty sure this guy wants original though.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Savage 99 front sight blade - 03/26/24
I've got some of the long grooved ones that I think are originals. Here's an old thread about them - topics/18190105
Good morning guys!
Serial # is 202562

length of base sight is approximately .320", groove width is .062"

Don't see any grooves on the inside of the base
Make one out of a copper penny or silver dime. It's not complicated.
There are several new listings on ebay today and the price is reasonable. Hurry!
Im looking for the same style sight. Dimensions are close to yours also.thanks
At that serial number is would have the short integral. The long started up much later.
© 24hourcampfire