Home
Posted By: Chip Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
I finished my reloading room, with new bench, shelves to hold loaded ammo, and libery.[img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/tsgt22/IMG_0398.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: Chip Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
Another picture. Bench is kind of a mess right now as I haven't found a place for everyting yet. [img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/tsgt22/IMG_0402.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: biglmbass Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
Looking good.
Other end of room showing book case and books, air conditioning and heater. [img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/tsgt22/IMG_0399.jpg[/img][/img]
Wrong pic. That's the other wall with safes and shelves with loaded ammo.Also notice ceiling fan, All the creature comforts.
This is the wall with the books. [img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/tsgt22/IMG_0401.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
Way nice:)
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
Very nice! I'm jealous, you don't want to see what mine's like right now.. grin
In photo #1 and #2 ... is that a old can of IMR 4350 ?
Chip
Nice set up.Nice place to kick back relax and make some bullets. grin

Mike
Posted By: 99trix Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
Sweet Chip, just missing the computer, then you would seldom have to leave grin I'm jealous!

Blair
Posted By: TomT Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
VERY NICE Chip. Looks REALLY good and VERY functional. I like your reloading room. -TomT
Posted By: Loggah Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/17/07
chip, nice room ,neat with a lot of light nice job. Don
Posted By: dwaldo Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/18/07
Looks great! I am curios about the sailboat picture though.Are you by chance a sailor Chip?
Posted By: nadzab Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/18/07
Very, very nice!
Posted By: Chip Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/18/07
Yes, At one time after my first divorce, I sold my house and bought a 32 foot sale boat, and lived on it out of Kingston, Wash. I was really interested in reading the set of books of Jean Auel(sp), "Clan of the Cavebear" So I named my boat AYLA, after the girl the books were about.
On the top of the green shelves,, I have several old cans of IMR powder, and 4 different short cans of Hercules, powder, and 2 cans of HiVel #2 powder. Some of you guys sure have good eyes to see the old powder cans. By the way they are all full, and never opened.
Posted By: Ron_T Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/18/07
Chip... I HATE YOU !~!~! grin

(Jus' kiddin', of course smile )

WOW... you have a BEAUTIFUL set-up... I wish mine was HALF as nice !~!~!

All you need is a refrigerator & stove... and you'd never had to leave that room !~!~! grin

Yep... definitely a "classy" reloading room... (JEALOUSY is such an UGLY thing... so why is this post "green" with envy?) smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Posted By: boltman Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/19/07
Now that's a room I could feel real comfortable in. Very nice.
Very nice, looks good!
Posted By: Ron_T Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/19/07
Chip........

I just took another "look" at the pictures of your loading room and counted at least 34 reloading die-set containers. Do you... or have you, in the past, loaded for that many calibers???

I also noticed the larger cannon shell... as an old Artillery officer, it caught my interest. Is that a 75mm Sherman tank-gun round off our early World War II tanks before they changed to the 90mm & 105 high velocity "rifle" shell so they could "kill" the German "Tiger" panzers?

I also noticed those 4 old cans of powder with the light colored wrappings next to the big white bottle on the top shelf of your powder shelves... is that the old 4831 reclaimed military rifle powder that Hercules or Hodgdon (I think) once sold to the public back in the early 1960's?!?

As I recall, that 4831 sold for $1.25 a pound. Awwwwww, YES (!!!)... the "good old days". smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/19/07
Chip very nice, and neat, mines so cramped I have to move 1/2 just to use the thing! John
Posted By: Chip Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/19/07
RonT, there are only a couple of those die set I don't use right now, I think 243 and 300Win Mag. All the rest I load for now. I look a lot for a gun I don't have a die set for and buy it. Right now I'd like to get a 99 in 250-3000 with the better twist in the bore so I could use up some of the several boxes of 100 grain 25 cal bullets. I've got a M20 in 250, but it's the old twist. I've got a 95% 99r that is not bubba'ed at all to trade if anyone is interested. Would like an EG that has been D&T for a scope.
The shell is a 75MM, but have no idea what was used in. It'e a training one with no powder or primer.
There are several old cans of powder, IMR, Hercules, and HiVel # 2 . I opened a can of HiVel yesterday and loaded a box of 32-40. I used to 4831 for .75 cents a pound up I Boise, from a gun smith that bought it in the 50 pound drums. He sold it to in a plain brown bag.
Posted By: Jed 1899 Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/20/07
Great lookin set-up/room.
You got good taste smile
Hey Chip ,
how do you like the 550 ?
Posted By: Chip Re: Reloading room Finished - 10/20/07
I like it very much. I've had it for about 13 years, and this past spring when I was getting ready to move to Idaho, I boxed it up and sent it to Dillion for updates, and replacement of any worn parts.. They finished it and shipped it here to my address in Idaho. Charged me 29.00 for shipping. They replaced a lot of parts and didn't charge me anything. Good product, good company.
I've had mine for almost 16 years and replaced a couple of springs myself .... Dillion charged me shipping only ..... I've loaded 17K + rounds of .357 Magnum ( never mind the other 7 pistol cartridges I reload for ) ..... never a problem . World Class .....
© 24hourcampfire